News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

A Dissertation on enlightenment as found in a Chocolate Factory

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, June 07, 2007, 06:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on June 07, 2007, 08:34:43 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on June 07, 2007, 08:30:10 PM
Quote from: LMNO on June 07, 2007, 08:21:03 PM
I just made the term up.

I think I was riffing off of some stuff in Cosmic Trigger I and in Sex and Drugs, and maybe even TSOG.  I don't have the texts in front of me, I'm working off memory.

I'd be interested in the quote if you find it :)

Seriously?  You've never heard his anti-caffeine riffs?

The Bob I knew enjoyed coffee on a pretty regular basis. I haven't read everything written by the man, nor heard every rant, riff and speech. Of course, every book, speech and rant I did hear, I took with about two grains of salt and a hefty dose of suspicion.

I think, based on his writings and statements, Bob did think that alcohol and caffeine were second and third circuit simulators, and he often focused more on the 5-8 circuits... but I don't recall anything that was actually anti-caffeine or anti-alcohol. Indeed, the Bob I knew usually had coffee, Jameson and a bit of the Tullamore Dew sitting about the place (along with some yummy muffins).

I often wonder how much of his offhand comments or specific rants get generalized into silly maxims.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on June 07, 2007, 08:34:43 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on June 07, 2007, 08:30:10 PM
Quote from: LMNO on June 07, 2007, 08:21:03 PM
I just made the term up.

I think I was riffing off of some stuff in Cosmic Trigger I and in Sex and Drugs, and maybe even TSOG.  I don't have the texts in front of me, I'm working off memory.

I'd be interested in the quote if you find it :)

Seriously?  You've never heard his anti-caffeine riffs?

Fuck him.  :mad:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I've never heard of this, either.  You sure its not something from Quantumn Psychology?  I've heard the TSOG stuff and don't remember it being in there.

LMNO

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on June 07, 2007, 08:49:18 PM
I've never heard of this, either.  You sure its not something from Quantumn Psychology?  I've heard the TSOG stuff and don't remember it being in there.

I don't remember anything about it in QP either... I'll poke at my collection tonight and see if it just didn't make it into my reality tunnel.

Cain

QP is the only thing of his I haven't read or heard which is considered pretty good stuff, so my natural assumption is that it would be in there.  I may be wrong though.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

QP was one of the first I read and I really consider it a primer (or cliff notes) for Prometheus Rising. I'll have to poke at it again.

Triple Zero

hmlook what i found:
http://www.rawilsonfans.com/downloads/

but i only see QP in that directory in mp3 form.

i hardly ever listen to audiobooks (or perhaps this is an interview), but i'll put it on my mp3stick and perhaps there'll be some time in a train or something when i have nothing to do.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

guest7654

We are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams.
World-losers and world-forsakers,
Upon whom the pale moon gleams;
Yet we are the movers and shakers,
Of the world forever, it seems.

With wonderful deathless ditties
We build up the world's great cities,
And out of a fabulous story
We fashion an empire's glory:
One man with a dream, at pleasure,
Shall go forth and conquer a crown;
And three with a new song's measure
Can trample an empire down.

We, in the ages lying
In the buried past of the earth,
Built Nineveh with our sighing,
And Babel itself with our mirth;
And o'erthrew them with prophesying
To the old of the new world's worth;
For each age is a dream that is dying,
Or one that is coming to birth.

-- Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Lies

Hey, I've considered willy wonker to be a saint of discordia as well- I remember first reading the book when I was 8 (When it was called "Charlie and the chocolate factory" Which I personally feel makes more sense, but, whatever).

I've got on my guitar, "There's no knowing where they're going" as my motto for it.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

guest7654

Quote from: Lysergic on June 12, 2007, 02:57:53 AM
Hey, I've considered willy wonker to be a saint of discordia as well- I remember first reading the book when I was 8 (When it was called "Charlie and the chocolate factory" Which I personally feel makes more sense, but, whatever).

I've got on my guitar, "There's no knowing where they're going" as my motto for it.

Leaving that out was my biggest beef with the new one.  The bad music and the oompa loompas annoyed me too.

I read (or something) that Wilder added much of the poetic quotes impromptu during the filming(old version).  Which was cool.

LMNO

That "no knowing" bit was my absolute favorite.

I keep meaning to sample it.