News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

TO EAT A HOTDOG ON FRIDAY

Started by Triple Zero, August 17, 2007, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

okay, this isn't actually about eating hotdogs on friday. but it happens to be friday* and i just ate what could quite possibly be the best hotdog i've ever tasted. (* friday last week, to be exact)

i was talking with this guy. in my head. there's a lot of people i talk with in my head, some of them are you guys, but this happened to be a guy dancing, going crazy a few meters away from me, during Laurent Garnier's DJ liveset.

i said, "we can tell people to really stop and think, they'll nod, but they won't really do it. how to get them to really stop and think?"

in my head, the guy replied, "people shouldn't stop and think, they should go with the flow. a lot of the trouble this world is in today is caused by too much thinking and too little action."

"okay, but at least we agree that there's something very wrong in the world. something that is caused by the way people act, out of habit.
you know, sometimes i think, we can't really solve anything. that all we can do is just to throw more chaos into the soup. that way, at least we even the odds a littlebit, for the good.. and the bad.."

".. and the ugly?", the guy remarked wittily in my head.

"well, at least they'll be fighting over the prettiest one."

2007/9/10
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Lies

Not exactly in response to your post but your post did bring this to mind so I figure it might be worth a lul to share...

I have a friend of mine whom I see every few days, and she has a habit of going "I thiiiink" *pause*.
And of course, I know she's going to eventually get round to saying what was on her mind, but I've always without fail managed to get in a "Oh, don't do that, you might hurt someone/you'll get a headache/let someone smarter then you do that (like me!)/the government might find out and take you away from me/you're much too pretty for such hard work" ect ect, basically I always find something different to say right after she does that... I'm trying to condition her to not think... or at least not say "I thiiiink" whenever I'm around....
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Triple Zero

next time, ask her "does it hurt? don't worry, they say it's normal for a first time."

oh and about my post, if anyone's looking for the point or what it is i'm trying to say, there's not much of that in it. it was mostly "just" a discordianiesque train of thought in my head that i decided to write down (on paper, at first), added to the fact that i hardly ever write "anything" here and that i think i might get some more practice in that .
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

AFK

I dig it. 

But tell me, what is it going to be like in September, Future Boy.   :D
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 20, 2007, 01:55:31 PM
I dig it. 

But tell me, what is it going to be like in September, Future Boy.   :D

Hey, he is six hours in the future! Don't knock his magical prescience! :D
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

AFK

It's going to be September 10th in 6 hours?  Holy shit, time does fly. 

But back to the OP, what you write about kind of reminds me of the whole New Year's Resolution scam.  People say, 'Yeah, I'm really going to use the weight bench in the basement this year.'  or "I'm quitting for real this time."

Lot's of self-placating going on but not much action and follow through. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

heh. oops. (note to self: insert more accidental mistakes in next writing, so more people will reply in an effort to feel good about pointing it out)

yeah, it's about knowing what's right, but still not doing it.

it's like what i decided after my philosophy-ethics class. that utilitarianism was, in my opinion, probably the ethical style i agreed with most, except that i would surely be immoral about it ;-)

but with "think for yourself" it's even different, in a way, because it's so basic, everybody knows thinking for yourself is a good thing, some people even think they do it, but they don't really .. and that's where the mindfucks come in ..