News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

REAL DISCORDIANS

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, August 22, 2007, 05:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Of course, I approve mostly because I am an iconoclast who takes perverse pleasure in making people doubt their deeply held beliefs, whatever they may be.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on August 23, 2007, 11:13:00 PM
Of course, I approve mostly because I am an iconoclast who takes perverse pleasure in making people doubt their deeply held beliefs, whatever they may be.

There was a time that I thought that was what Real Discordians did... now I realize it just what I like to do ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

PeregrineBF

Well, like I said, Real Discordians can only be defined statistically. PD.com Discordians seem to fit a much smaller spectrum, probably because we flame the heck out of a lot of others just for fun & to see if they can take it.
You gosh-darned cunt!

AFK

I agree our "kind", whatever that means, seems to be in the minority for sure.  But fuck em if they take a joke too seriously. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

faust

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 22, 2007, 05:14:39 PM
What in the hell is wrong with you? I,Äôm SERIOUS, I mean YOU, ya freaking pathetic excuse for a Discordian! You,Äôve READ all the books about memes and programming and imprinting. You KNOW how quickly our brains can go on autopilot. You,Äôve done the experiments and realized how easily our minds can be tricked into confusing IDEAS and TRUTHS. Dear Goddess, you,Äôve mind fucked with the best of them and somehow, in some BIZARRE twist of neurology, your ROBOT still goes rampaging across your consciousness!!!

I understand it can be difficult to KEEP THE ROBOT IN LINE. We all screw up and act like COSMIC SCHMUCKS sometimes, but when was the last time you looked at your actions, beliefs or opinions and said ,ÄúBy the Black VOID Itself, I,Äôm being a Goddess-Damned Cosmic Schmuck,Äù? If you haven,Äôt thought that in awhile, STOP whatever you,Äôre doing and look closely at YOUR current STATE of BEING. Look at that rant you just typed. What about when you blasted that n00b from here to the Void because they just discovered ,Äò42,Äô and you THINK its old hat? OR that piece of shit explanation about the Significance of 23 plastered all over your ,Äòmainstream, gadget filled, looks as crappy as every other,Äô MySpace account? Have you really not figured out that 23 is just another example of robotic PROGRAMMING? Don,Äôt tell me that Twenty-Three actually has some OCCULT significance and DO NOT even think of saying that it,Äôs true because RAW said so. RAW said a lot of things and most of them were intended to fuck with your BRAIN. He was a Discordian, they do that.

While I,Äôm ranting, what the FUCK do you think you,Äôre doing trying to tie some MORALITY, ETHICS or other LIBERAL PC bullshit to Our Lady of Chaos? If you want to INTERPRET it that way for yourself, be my guest,Ķ I,Äôll even defend your right to believe such NONSENSE. But, if you tell me that all REAL Discordians accept Chaos and are thus mirthful and NEVER MEAN and always ACCEPTING of others, I,Äôll be more than happy to drop you into Baghdad, wearing an American flag and a caricature mask of Mohammad. I,Äôll bet there will be RAINBOWS and CANDY while you,Äôre having fun in that Chaos, punk. If you don,Äôt get the fact that Chaos can be positive, negative, fun and silly, or scary as hell,Ķ then, your robot has RUN OFF WITH YOUR SENSES, go find it, beat it into submission and come back.

Do you think that Eris is always the happy, hippy, friendly Lady that shows up in the PD? Go do some homework boy-o. Eris has been known to ride on the back of Ares chariot, laughing at the chaos of War, LAUGHING while men kill men and while other men, sitting safe in their strongholds, send yet more young men to their deaths. Don,Äôt get me wrong, she,Äôs as likely to show up to a War PROTEST as she is to a BATTLEFIELD, especially if the War Protest will cause more UNREST, more confusion and more chaos here at home. You think that because she said pretty words to Mal-2 and Omar that she MEANT it? Go read the Sermon on Ethics and Love, I,Äôll wait,Ķ.

Now, where did Eris endorse PEACE? Did she ever say ,ÄúDon,Äôt fight?,Äù Hell NO, in fact, when Mal-2 was so upset about the whole problem of WAR, she asked ,ÄúWhat is wrong with that, if it,Äôs what YOU want to do?,Äù Mal-2 was the one that wanted peace and love, not Eris,Ķ She just wanted people to do what they WANTED to do.

Don,Äôt get me wrong, I,Äôm not telling you to like the War. I,Äôm not telling you to cease your protests, your activism, your FNORDFESTS, documentation of the 23 Enigma or any other endeavor you want to engage in. I do not want you to STOP, I want you to realize that its ALL play,Ķ 23 is play, Fnord is play, Life is the FUCKING ART of Playing Games. YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, but realize that every other Discordian is also free to DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO, they can order things or disorder things. If a Discordian wants to embrace Dada, then SHUT the fuck up about it not really being the Discordian thing to do. If a Discordian rants about the idiotic beliefs of other religions, or doesn,Äôt make nice in the world of political correctness, then SHUT THE FUCK up with your BS about REAL DISCORDIANS WANTING Peace and Love. Every Man, Woman and Child is an Infallible POPE of the Discordian Movement, from the Cabal you pal around with to the most infuriating Erisian on *insert website here*. Whatever the hell Discordia means to you, is great for you. Don,Äôt try to IMPOSE it on everyone else though, ya goddamned monkeys!

And thus saying, Ratatosk went off to see if perhaps some Robotic Program might have caused him to write this RANT.

If I find something obnoxious I will say so,  as simple as that. I find dada shit, If I dont like something, I troll it, I might troll it if I like it too but thats not the point, as hunter said, I want to impose my views, because if I dont someone else will.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: faust on August 24, 2007, 02:20:57 PM

If I find something obnoxious I will say so,  as simple as that. I find dada shit, If I dont like something, I troll it, I might troll it if I like it too but thats not the point, as hunter said, I want to impose my views, because if I dont someone else will.

There exists a large gulf between personal choice and statements of what Real Discordianism IS. Besides, if you guys need to troll 13 year olds to make yourself feel good, who am I to say no?

:lulz:

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Lysergic on August 23, 2007, 12:41:34 AM
Quote from: Ratatosk on August 22, 2007, 06:09:10 PM
Quote from: hunter s.durden on August 22, 2007, 05:46:19 PM
I want to impose my views.

As long as you don't demand that they are the REALLY REAL views of ALL TRUE Discordians... I don't have a problem with that ;-)

Yeah, thing is, Hunter isn't a discordian, he just thinks we're a good laugh for him and his superior understanding of whatever it is hunter claims to be but won't tell us.

Awwwww, you remembered.
'Tis true.
Fuck Discordians.
This space for rent.

faust

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 24, 2007, 02:25:11 PM
Quote from: faust on August 24, 2007, 02:20:57 PM

There exists a large gulf between personal choice and statements of what Real Discordianism IS. Besides, if you guys need to troll 13 year olds to make yourself feel good, who am I to say no?

:lulz:
meh, generally a bit older then that, trolling places like gaia is boring.

For a good while here the REAL DISCORDIAN thing was  meme, mocking people who used it, everyone here digs what you are saying from that point of view, but I guess a bit of intellectual elitism towards those mentalities (23 hotdog LOLOLO) did evolve from that if it has gotten to the stage that you had to comment on it.

hunter s.durden

The bit about me wanting to impose my views:

She just wanted people to do what they WANTED to do.

Quote from: Ratty Rat Ratterson
Don,Äôt try to IMPOSE it on everyone else though, ya goddamned monkeys!

I was critiquing that you said not to impose our views, then imposed your view about not imposing views. Can't I impose views if I'm doing whatever I want?
This space for rent.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: hunter s.durden on August 24, 2007, 02:42:21 PM
The bit about me wanting to impose my views:

She just wanted people to do what they WANTED to do.

Quote from: Ratty Rat Ratterson
Don,Äôt try to IMPOSE it on everyone else though, ya goddamned monkeys!

I was critiquing that you said not to impose our views, then imposed your view about not imposing views. Can't I impose views if I'm doing whatever I want?

I did, but then consistency was never my forte. The rant was for rants sake, and if some people ask themselves if their actions/responses are more robotic than they should be... I'll count it as a bonus. If you want to impose your views and you think thats the thing that you want to do, I don't have a say in it either way. If I decided to go on a Fnordian binge, I could impose that on you, so surely you can impose your views on me or anyone else. (I'd say there's not much difference either way)

You can do what you want, ordering and disordering... if you don't have a robot in your brain claiming that your views are The TRUE DISCORDIAN views, then I doubt you'd find much of my rant applicable. If on the other hand, you really do think that your views are The TRUE DISCORDIAN views then maybe that's not a great idea. Then again, maybe it is and I'm an idiot.

Iron Sulfide

so....

i have two internet college classes at teh moment.

English 1A (req for a transfer to 4 year)

Intercultural Communications

should i troll them? (well, i've already started on Int.Cult.St.)

what would a rEAL DisCORDiaN do?

i'm also going to start trolling IRL at work. actually, i already started.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Prater Festwo on August 24, 2007, 08:44:50 PM
so....

As far as I can tell, A Real Discordian would do whatever they damn well pleased ;-)

I would troll them. They sound ripe for brain banging.

faust

so....

I love how modern technology has grown to aid trolling so much, at the flip of a switch a supermarket can lose hours of work

Discord

:mittens:
I really like your rant, especially the part saying:
Do what the Fuck you want, but be aware of WHY you do it.
There are plenty of people doing stuff and lying to them selves about why they are doing it. And it's always funny to see their reactions if you confront them with the real reasons.

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: faust on August 25, 2007, 12:03:38 AM
so....

I love how modern technology has grown to aid trolling so much, at the flip of a switch a supermarket can lose hours of work

wank.

the intercultural communications class just became a fucking PC pander.

Ya' stupid Yank.