News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

THE CANCER KILLING PDCOM - Blow-by-Blow Coverage of Democratic Primary Race

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 04, 2008, 06:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

So Obama handily defeated Hillary in the Maine Caucuses on Sunday.  Hillary's tactics were all wrong.  Instead of calling everyone on the phone she shoudl've been sending us shovels. 

Seriously, we received at my house at least 4 recorded-message calls from the Clinton campaign between Saturday and Sunday morning.  We only got one from the Obama campaign, and it was his wife, not him.  He's got quite a head of steam up now, and I've read that the Clintion Campaign is trying to quell expectations about the upcoming DC/Virginia/Maryland primaries.  They fully expect to lose all 3.  I think she's in big trouble. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

I hope to gawd that is the case.

Edit: please to be reading http://www.alternet.org/election08/76571/

Mangrove

Side point:

Freedom is replacing imposed discipline with self-discipline.

This greatly warms my heartfalse polystyrene nose.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Obama's got a 25 delegate lead over Clinton, currently.

Whether he can sustain it, given Clinton has already decided to cut her losses in the areas Obama just won, and concentrate campaigning in the final primaries, remains to be seen.

tyrannosaurus vex

The only promising bit is that Obama cut deeply into Clinton's supposed "base" in yesterday's primaries.

I expect Hillary to pull out every dirty trick she has (and that's a lot) to steal the nomination if she can't win it fairly. In the spirit of feminism and "girl power," she will pay off anybody who catches her sucking  superdelegates off in the bathroom at the convention.

And, ultimately, I expect her to be the nominee, run a typical bullshit campaign until November, and lose to McCain.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO

Mrs. LMNO has decided to jump into the politics of gender identity.

She now sees it as the Patriarchal cock once again repressing the feminine; that Obama is winning because America would rather have any man, even a black one, in the White House than a woman.  It makes for fun rants.  She knows I voted for Gravel, so she just seems me as a hopeless idealist.

On the plus side, she made an active decision to think this way... It wasn't some sort of subconcious knee-jerk thing.

tyrannosaurus vex

But she's wrong. I know it's unpopular to make distinctions between true and false these days, but god dammit, it makes my brain hurt to think that there are people who are allegedly "smart" and "progressive" who are voting for Clinton just because she's a woman. The fact that she has a vagina doesn't make her mechanical heart human, or align her politics with the will of the people. She is a convenient candidate for the NeoCons, because she's a Democrat and she's a Woman, which in the minds of retarded people from Massachusetts to California, that means she is automatically going to go against the grain and effect change in DC. She's a member of the in-crown in DC. A vote for Hillary is a vote for the status quo.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: vexati0n on February 13, 2008, 04:08:55 PM
But she's wrong. I know it's unpopular to make distinctions between true and false these days, but god dammit, it makes my brain hurt to think that there are people who are allegedly "smart" and "progressive" who are voting for Clinton just because she's a woman. The fact that she has a vagina doesn't make her mechanical heart human, or align her politics with the will of the people. She is a convenient candidate for the NeoCons, because she's a Democrat and she's a Woman, which in the minds of retarded people from Massachusetts to California, that means she is automatically going to go against the grain and effect change in DC. She's a member of the in-crown in DC. A vote for Hillary is a vote for the status quo.

I, for the most part, agree with that.

And people give me these huge, baffled stares, and go, "But you're a feminist! Aren't you, like, betraying your whole gender by not voting for Hillary?"

And I go, "As a feminist, I have decided that I have brains enough to think for myself and not do what everyone else tells me to do. Therefore, I can vote for whoever the fuck I want! Having a uterus does not necessarily mean Hillary and I have the same politics!"

And they go, "But... a WOMAN! You're a woman! She's a woman! Feminism!"

:roll:

-DC
Might agree with Mrs. LMNO if Hillary were a better candidate, but currently cannot form an opinion on the situation due to the fact that Hillary is not particularly appealing
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Cain

So, supporting a woman candidate, because she's a woman, and not because of her policies....is feminist?

If so, fuck feminism

(yes, I know, we've had this debate before, and you know where I stand, but really, some so-called 'feminists' need to take their heads out of their arses)

LMNO

No need to convince me.  Hillary is the best candidate... for the GOP.

Mrs LMNO knows all the arguments, understands them, but has made the decision to go ahead with the gender politics while acknowledging that she's being overly gender-biased.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Cain on February 13, 2008, 04:24:48 PM
So, supporting a woman candidate, because she's a woman, and not because of her policies....is feminist?

If so, fuck feminism

(yes, I know, we've had this debate before, and you know where I stand, but really, some so-called 'feminists' need to take their heads out of their arses)

I agree. Because they give those of us who really care a bad name, and I'm sick of getting labeled with and judged because of that bad name.

There's stupid people in all genders who will use said gender and the politics of it as an excuse to get away with whatever. And that's crap, no matter what gender it is playing the game.

I respect and admire Hillary for getting so far in her political career. That doesn't mean I have to like her, and I don't. But there's plenty of people that I can respect without wanting anything to do with them.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

tyrannosaurus vex

You know, considering that (most) women do not have penises, it's amazing how many of them have hard-ons for hillary.

Triple Zero

:lol:

where's a black muslim female midget with political ambitions when you need one??
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.