post cabbage, ITT

Started by Triple Zero, January 09, 2008, 08:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

after locking, i can still add a poll to my threads! :-D

please unlock
5 (27.8%)
let it die a locked death
3 (16.7%)
you can also remove the thread did you know that?
10 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Cain

Liam Gallagher is going to get you for that.

Also, quantumn decoherence.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on January 16, 2008, 04:50:34 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 16, 2008, 01:32:51 PM
Oasis.
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 16, 2008, 03:57:29 PM
Sonic Youth

I SEE A CONNECTION.

Both bands have a bitchy woman who can't sing.

Heh, also, in an interview once Noel Gallagher was going on and on about how rock and roll should be, and how it should not be like "art rock" bands like Sonic Youth. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

yeah just to interject on that note

don't get me wrong, I really like Sonic Youth
But when Thurston Moore played at my school I wanted him to play music - not a solid hour of screetching guitar feedback. No exaggeration. I'm sure it was very avant-garde or something, but it was an awful show.

AFK

Really?  I would've loved that.  I think my favorite Sonic Youth tune is Diamond Sea, the uncut version, all 20 minutes of it including the feedback-drenched interlude and outro. 

Cramulus

yeah well there were about twenty kids in the front row who were psyched. The rest of the crowd hung around for fifteen minutes, shouted at the stage for ten minutes, then eventually just left.

It's not like I don't dig experimental music. I admittedly listen to some pretty unpalatable stuff sometimes. But even noisecore has a beat or meter of some kind, right? After the audience made it clear that they weren't digging his set, Thurston just turned it up. I thought it was lame. I mean come on, an entire set of guitar feedback? And it's not like this was a Sonic Youth concert, this was a spring festival with tons of other bands playing. Thurston went on after Kid Koala (who ROCKED). Thurston was headlining. The consensus was that he was a huge dissapointment. sucks.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Deepthroat Chopra

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 16, 2008, 06:43:36 PM
yeah just to interject on that note

don't get me wrong, I really like Sonic Youth
But when Thurston Moore played at my school I wanted him to play music - not a solid hour of screetching guitar feedback. No exaggeration. I'm sure it was very avant-garde or something, but it was an awful show.

I had the same exp. at a festival a few years back. Mind you, it was the best damn screeching guitar feedback ever. I think I even invented some kind of screeching guitar feedback dance moves, but they're long forgotten. It probably would have sounded worse except they followed an acoustic set by Beck. Or was it Sonny Bono? It was a fun festival anyway.
Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector

AFK

LMNO

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 16, 2008, 11:49:29 PM
yeah well there were about twenty kids in the front row who were psyched. The rest of the crowd hung around for fifteen minutes, shouted at the stage for ten minutes, then eventually just left.

It's not like I don't dig experimental music. I admittedly listen to some pretty unpalatable stuff sometimes. But even noisecore has a beat or meter of some kind, right? After the audience made it clear that they weren't digging his set, Thurston just turned it up. I thought it was lame. I mean come on, an entire set of guitar feedback? And it's not like this was a Sonic Youth concert, this was a spring festival with tons of other bands playing. Thurston went on after Kid Koala (who ROCKED). Thurston was headlining. The consensus was that he was a huge dissapointment. sucks.

You would hate the noise scene in boston, then.  www.khznoise.com

Although, I kind of agree with you.  I'm thinking, when I have some free time, of putting dub/trip-hop beats underneath cacophony.  Maybe I could do some of those "versus" projects, where I take other people's noise, and turn it into something more rhythmic.

Richter

Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Quote from: Richter on January 17, 2008, 02:27:43 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 17, 2008, 01:42:40 PM
Coda
Seltzer

bzzzt - if you switch the first consonants you get Soda Celtzer, a celtic pop band.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Richter

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 17, 2008, 07:44:51 PM
Quote from: Richter on January 17, 2008, 02:27:43 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 17, 2008, 01:42:40 PM
Coda
Seltzer

bzzzt - if you switch the first consonants you get Soda Celtzer, a celtic pop band.

I call Bullshit.  That looks an awful lot like the artists known as the Cranberries.

...assholes taking the name of my favorite northern swamp food...