News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Lollercaust?

Started by Verbal Mike, February 18, 2008, 04:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

You put a moustache on me.

:lulz::mittens:

AFK

Yeah, what LMNO said.  I'm not very reliable.  It's one of my many flaws, that, and weak arms. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LMNO on April 02, 2008, 04:41:21 PM
Protip:  If you think something should be done, DO IT YOURSELF.

Most of use consider the text on this site is Kopyleft (I know TGRR's isn't, though).

I put together the first BIP pamphlet in Word, for fuck's sake.  Syn took it and ran with it from there.

Grab what you like, cobble it together, and present it.  Without a doubt, someone will add to it, make suggestions, host it on their webpage, whatever.

But the person with the passion has to go first.  Don't waste your energy getting someone else to do what you can do yourself.

But why waste my energy doing what other people want to help out with?

I'd rather have other people helping out if they're motivated, because I'd like to put most of my energy into the typographic, layout and production dimensions.

If people don't step up to the plate in a week or so to start the editorial illustrations (and therefore start selecting content as well) I have a back up plan:

I'll do some myself and use some creative commons resources for the rest.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cramulus

word. I have a feeling LMNO was addressing the people who are interested in the project but are waiting for direction. You've got your niche covered, Net.  :p

barumunk

fuck!!!  :lulz:  (not so subtle) hint taken

hehehe.
im starting. I'm gonna select pieces from crams list near the OP, (that I like) and go from there.

Quote from: Netaungrot on April 02, 2008, 09:51:06 PM
Quote from: LMNO on April 02, 2008, 04:41:21 PM
Protip:  If you think something should be done, DO IT YOURSELF.

Most of use consider the text on this site is Kopyleft (I know TGRR's isn't, though).

I put together the first BIP pamphlet in Word, for fuck's sake.  Syn took it and ran with it from there.

Grab what you like, cobble it together, and present it.  Without a doubt, someone will add to it, make suggestions, host it on their webpage, whatever.

But the person with the passion has to go first.  Don't waste your energy getting someone else to do what you can do yourself.

But why waste my energy doing what other people want to help out with?

I'd rather have other people helping out if they're motivated, because I'd like to put most of my energy into the typographic, layout and production dimensions.

If people don't step up to the plate in a week or so to start the editorial illustrations (and therefore start selecting content as well) I have a back up plan:

I'll do some myself and use some creative commons resources for the rest.

yeah, Net I know what you mean about getting people that are motivated to contribute, and aside from the voices shouting "shut the fuck up and do something (anything really)" i reckon that if something is completed as a group endevour its all the more rewarding, not just acting to stoke some doods ego.

and as always getting people to syncronize their inputs and find their own niches is tricky. esp if it is discordians in question :)

but as i said above, hint taken.

[edit: after much procrastinating]
just a rough but started compiling: http://uploadr.net/file/d58488549e
Net would obv apply it to the layouts he's devised, im going to start doing some visuals to go with the individual pieces.

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

AFK

When I was in college I ran the campus literary zine.  I had an editorial/selection board who were in charge of selecting what writings/art went into the magazine.  Everyone would read each selection and then vote yes or no as to whether or not it should be included.  So the pieces with the most yeas went in until we had filled up the available space.  Perhaps some sort of similar system could be employed here for Lollercaust. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I still think if someone just started something, other people would kick in ideas.

If you make it easy to edit and amend, that would make it that much easier.

Cramulus

Alright, we've got our feet on the ground!

Barumunk, you are to be commended in taking a bold first step. I see your doc is labeled "Lollercaust 1.1", though I think if we want to be historical accurate, the version history looks like....
1.0 LMNO started to put something together
2.0 Cramulus compiled all the stuff he could find at the WOMP Vault. Later posted it here
3.0 Ratatosk started putting one together?
4.0 Barumunk Gold Edition  :wink:

I like what you've selected. I think we need a good "mission statement" to pull all this stuff in together. We should have at least one long piece and one short piece which strongly underscore the main theme. And then we can do more or less what Rev WHN said - vote on which pieces meet those goals the best.

So what's the mission statement? (suggestions follow)

Simply put:
- an exploration of horrormirth

More elaborate:
- Learning to LoL at the edge of sanity
- Humor as a tool to stay sane in a crazy world
- The world is fucked up, let's have pie

MOAR elaborate
- Lollercaust is a booklet which can show the reader a useful attitude for modern living. We think that humor is a way of coping with the insanity of bureaucracy and the bureaucracy of insanity. We're the kind of people that laugh at trainwrecks, but this trainwreck is culture, and we are also the victims, staggering around and disoriented, bleeding from the head and cackling, howling, screaming at the moon.

Post Scriptum:

We should be organizing this at the wiki.

LMNO

And editing the text.  I think I might have a "clean" version of Cain's Apocrypha.

barumunk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 03, 2008, 03:00:33 PM

- The world is fucked up, let's have pie

,its a lie

:lulz:

whats a good way of organizing the nominations?
what about a post-poll to decide the "main" long piece, the one with the most votes is it.

i agree that choosing the "main"/central piece is a good first step. it will help dictate which others may become irrelevant. or moar relevant.

Quote from: LMNO on April 03, 2008, 03:03:03 PM
And editing the text.  I think I might have a "clean" version of Cain's Apocrypha.
that would be helpful :)

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 03, 2008, 03:00:33 PM

Alright, we've got our feet on the ground!

3.0 Ratatosk started putting one together?

I was but my concept was flawed... I had planned to put in a bunch of myth/parable/etc like Cain's and some of the others posted... as a Red Letter Edition like the bible... but it needs done it B&W, so my collection was kinda lame. Then there were more dead grandmas (two in the past month) and I'm just getting back to full functioning.

I'm in and willing to do whatever would be helpful. My editing skills aren't great, but I used to be pretty decent at layout, I'd be happy to help collect/write whatever.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Requia ☣

Right, so I suppose I should throw my hat in here.

version .5
http://uploadr.net/file/3739b976ef

and again in .odt

http://uploadr.net/file/6a1b0bcac7

Moved the order around, and added memebombs/limericks for the left page of one page stories.

This is all formatted in Open Office, I make no guarantees it will display properly in word.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Verbal Mike

If the work would be moved to the Wiki, the actual plaintext editing would become ridiculously easy, meaning I would compulsively start to do it.
On the wiki, we could also have votes in the talk pages, making the whole process take place in one place, more or less.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: st.verbatim on April 03, 2008, 11:36:28 PM
If the work would be moved to the Wiki, the actual plaintext editing would become ridiculously easy, meaning I would compulsively start to do it.
On the wiki, we could also have votes in the talk pages, making the whole process take place in one place, more or less.

I vote wewiki!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

maybe this is a bit OT, but i dont understand LHXs story?

maybe i'm missing something here but in short: this woman tries (very hard and very obviously) to talk him into bed, he doesnt notice until the last moment (can happen) and he bails out just in time (cause he didnt want to be responsible for her cheating or something, i guess)

sounds like a good story, something i might tell my friends if it happened to me, but i don't see any horror, mirth, funny or even some general discordian undertone except for LHXs particular style of writing.

as i said, maybe i'm missing something.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.