News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Lollercaust?

Started by Verbal Mike, February 18, 2008, 04:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on March 06, 2008, 08:32:50 PM
After being called Racists for the Black Iron Prison logo, that would not surprise me.

LOL I almost forgot about that!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

hooplala

Quote from: triple zero on March 06, 2008, 06:57:08 PMthe way i see it, "holocaust" is some sort of german festival

:lulz:
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on March 06, 2008, 01:36:33 AM

or maybe the caption MEOW on really weird or silly looking people?

I have a feeling even this has been done already.

It has, 'cause I do it, but I don't know if it's original to me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Requiem on March 09, 2008, 11:08:53 PM
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=15484.0

Something new, linked here for archival purposes.

What is this crap? Owait... I wrote it.

In other news, Jack of Turnips is the best potential contributor to Lollercaust that I can think of, because I've read a fair amount of his stuff (on PD.com and Uncyclopedia). It's pretty much all brilliantly funny and insightful.

Jack, if you're reading this, we need YUOR help! Inspiration is available free of charge!

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Layout Concept #1 (full size newsprint sketch) *Click image to download*

I still may transmogrify the content several other directions.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Triple Zero

looks great!

just, question, layout is square, how do i print this without a special printer?

also i thought that the bit that says "FALL 2008" said "FAIL 2008" at first, maybe a nice idea :)

and i'm not entirely sure, but i think we have more text than what fits on this page, or not?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

I love it!

What program do you use, btw? That same adobe one you passed to DCup all those months ago?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

The layout I was using wasn't nearly that good, which program did you use?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Requia ☣

The layout might be good for the multiple small releases of lollercaust someone mentioned earlier.

You could also do it with multiple pages in a pamphlet style.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Triple Zero

if it's InDesign, it would be cool if you could throw the .indd file somewhere, preferably in a ZIP file together with the fonts you used.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Quote from: triple zero on March 25, 2008, 12:43:10 PM
looks great!

just, question, layout is square, how do i print this without a special printer?

also i thought that the bit that says "FALL 2008" said "FAIL 2008" at first, maybe a nice idea :)

and i'm not entirely sure, but i think we have more text than what fits on this page, or not?

This is actually a full size newspaper 23" x 23" so you'd need to use a printer that architects use, though ideally it would be printed on newsprint to keep costs down. I was thinking that minimally, it would be two pages of this size, printed on both sides and folded twice as most newspapers are. The grey boxes would be art (photographers and illustrators HALP PLS!) and the ads would be satirical.

I also have another concept that I have developed much farther than this one that also requires a wide format printer (minimally 8' long). These printers actually are much more common than people think. You just have to leave the cool glow of your computer screen and call some local printers up. If that's too much to ask, I could probably mail some folks small quantities of 'em. The perceived convenience of printing something of this your size on your work or home printer would start to get more complicated once you have to deal with binding all those pages together. The newsprint and my second concept avoid the binding issue, you just have to fold instead.

ETA: You can still print this out, just for approximation purposes not publishing, by ticking the "Scale to Fit Page" box.

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on March 25, 2008, 05:48:03 PM
I love it!

What program do you use, btw? That same adobe one you passed to DCup all those months ago?

I think I recommended Scribus, which isn't quite as nice as InDesign. If at all possible, InDesign or QuarkXPress are the way to go.

And :thanks:

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 25, 2008, 06:09:45 PM
The layout I was using wasn't nearly that good, which program did you use?

It wasn't a template if that's what you were thinking. I built that bitch myself from the ground up with InDesign.

Quote from: Requiem on March 25, 2008, 06:22:36 PM
The layout might be good for the multiple small releases of lollercaust someone mentioned earlier.

You could also do it with multiple pages in a pamphlet style.

This is a great idea. It might be best to do it in smaller portions, regardless of how it's produced. But if we want it all in one go, the newspaper format is one of the most flexible and cheap.