News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

AbbyGasm

Started by Golden Applesauce, March 25, 2008, 03:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Verbal Mike

Hmm, should we actually have a DevivalGASM page on the wiki, or should we avoid mentioning that it's a hoax?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Verbatim on April 29, 2008, 05:36:33 PM
Hmm, should we actually have a DevivalGASM page on the wiki, or should we avoid mentioning that it's a hoax?

avoid mentioning, i'd say. i'm not sure but i think the wiki could show up on a google search.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Verbal Mike

dang, already mentioned it in the abbygasm page. any way to obliviate the wiki as to past versions?

Verbal Mike

Oh wait lol if they find the AbbyGASM page we're busted anyhoo.

Verbal Mike

Hmm, shouldn't the Devival page also request an email address, so it's more credible? It needn't save the address or anything, just having another box would make the whole thing look real.

Cramulus

The devival page is fine. It's not really supposed to have any info other than
-Discordians party in DEPRAVED ways which mothers don't approve of
-the gathering is happening everywhere, possibly in YOUR town.

We can list it on the wiki, because we'll be hiding that wiki page during buzz week.

Current sections on the wiki
Goal
Method and Scope
How do I Get Involved

Sections I suggest for the wiki:
-Under Method and Scope, C&P some of the relevant bits from this thread which explain how to do it. Also add the section from my post about how if we all send in stuff at the same time, new news might emerge about AbbyGASM

-Add a subsection explaining that Everyone should write to their local papers about this. They can use a sample letter, or come up with their own. Remember that they are not writing AS Discordians, but rather as citizens who are concerned ABOUT Discordia. Make it BELIEVABLE -- it's totally believable that we're an orgiastic cult. But we don't sail around the ocean in a big yellow submarine.

-Add a "Sample Letters" section, with all the letters people have submitted.

-Under How Do I Get Involved, announce Buzz Week.

-Add a link to the Devival 2008 page. Instruct people how to use it as a tool to make your letters more believable. (say you found it in your kid's search history, for example)

-Also add an image of some sort to the wiki.

Other Stuff
-tag the wiki page and the thread on del.icio.us with the tags "AbbyGASM, OMGASM"

-distribute the address to the wiki to all sorts of web communities. During buzz week, we'll pull it down.

Great work guys! I'm real excited to see people working on the wiki. (Mittens, verb!) There's only a few more things we need to do (del.icio.us tagging for example) to springboard this into a full-blown GASM.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 29, 2008, 06:52:22 PM
-Add a subsection explaining that Everyone should write to their local papers about this. They can use a sample letter, or come up with their own. Remember that they are not writing AS Discordians, but rather as citizens who are concerned ABOUT Discordia. Make it BELIEVABLE -- it's totally believable that we're an orgiastic cult. But we don't sail around the ocean in a big yellow submarine.

:fuckmittens: FUCK YOU CRAM I RENTED OUT PEARL HARBOR JUST FOR YOU GUYS

THE WHOLE FUCKING HARBOR!

Cain

I'm going to promote the devival on my blog, once this Hoffman business clears up.

I suggest someone do a Verwirrung entry on it as well.

Verbal Mike

ok, I've added five sample letters (Nigel's four and the one Cainad started in the beginning). there was another one about a page back but I find it too nuanced for this mission.

e

Brilliant stuff, this.

Just one nitpicky thing:
Quote from: internetif you would like to know more about Devival and possibly join in our revelry, please seek out your local members of the Discordian Society for debriefing.

Shouldn't it be "briefing"?

Triple Zero

Quote from: triple zero on April 29, 2008, 03:58:43 PMsure, how's this look::

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/devival2008

(you better tell me it's awesome, cause i spent way too long on it)

i love how there's already been three people on the chat asking for the password :lol:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TheStripèdOne on April 29, 2008, 09:00:41 PM
Brilliant stuff, this.

Just one nitpicky thing:
Quote from: internetif you would like to know more about Devival and possibly join in our revelry, please seek out your local members of the Discordian Society for debriefing.

Shouldn't it be "briefing"?

No.

:lulz:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
de·brief    Audio Help   /diˈbrif/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dee-breef] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1.   to interrogate (a soldier, astronaut, diplomat, etc.) on return from a mission in order to assess the conduct and results of the mission.
2.   to question formally and systematically in order to obtain useful intelligence or information: Political and economic experts routinely debrief important defectors about conditions in their home country.
3.   to subject to prohibitions against revealing or discussing classified information, as upon separation from a position of military or political sensitivity.
4.   Psychology. (after an experiment) to disclose to the subject the purpose of the experiment and any reasons for deception or manipulation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: triple zero on April 29, 2008, 04:17:31 PM
aww you're just saying that ..

i almost wish it was a real party, now.
This is obviously part 2 of DevivalGASM.  :D
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cramulus

Quote from: IasonOuabache on April 29, 2008, 10:04:00 PM
Quote from: triple zero on April 29, 2008, 04:17:31 PM
aww you're just saying that ..

i almost wish it was a real party, now.
This is obviously part 2 of DevivalGASM.  :D

best case scenario

after this project concludes, people start showing up and saying "Hey I'm in NYC. Where the party at?"

and I say, "you got twenty bucks? Lemme just rent out this here warehouse for the evening and we'll get our fnord on..."