News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Woah woah woah. Hybrid human-animal embryos?

Started by e, May 19, 2008, 07:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7407589.stm

This isn't quite as Traveler as it sounds, since they only keep the embryo for 4-5 days in order to collect stem cells from it, but it's still boggling.

NEXT STOP: CATGIRLS!

Jasper

Stem cell politics driving research, hooray. :lol:

Reginald Ret

this could be pretty cool, but it'll probably end in furries.
humans are soo predictable  :cry:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Golden Applesauce

AFAIK, it's just a human nucleus in an animal embryo.  So the human DNA isn't really 'mixed' with the animal DNA except maybe the mitochondrial DNA?

We certainly won't get catgirls out of this.  It would take engineering, not just blindly mixing DNA.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Faust

although you are a human girl you are giving birth to a horse
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Reverend Ju Ju Booze

Quote from: Regret on May 23, 2008, 02:17:51 AM
this could be pretty cool, but it'll probably end in furries.
humans are soo predictable  :cry:

I disagree.COWABUNGA!!!!!!
Capitalism.
When it uses the carrot is called democracy,
When it uses the stick is called fascism.

Cain

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau