News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on August 19, 2008, 08:34:06 PM
Rat, if I'd posted a tit shot BEFORE Roger ran me through the gauntlet, would you have stepped in and tried to "protect" me?

*looks around*

Wait a second... are you saying that I don't usually support the more pineal n00bs that wander through here? I would hope that my past posts re Daruko when he first joined, Uncle BadTouch (even before he showed up and it was all just random bullshit about him) and many other n00bs would disabuse the notion that I would only side with a cute girl, or that my pineal support is based on the potential for sex (real or imagined). But, if that's how you want to see it, go ahead.

I don't recall what TGRR's gauntlet was that he ran you through... I would hope (male, female, or other) that I would poke at TGRR (or any of my belived brothers and sisters of the Chao) anytime they were pushing some n00b through the gauntlet, TGRR might think I was mad at him otherwise and I don't want some fucking Rain God thinking I'm displeased with him... heaven forfend.

I would hope that my comments on this thread would be the same, if I had no idea as to the gender of the poster. Perhaps that's not the case though, perhaps I only come to the aid of female Pinealists and I don't realize it. If so, I appreciate the warning and I'll reexamine my position... However, from my perspective I have, thuse far considered PED as just another DIscordian that seems more interested in Dada than Doing Something. I see both as fine drivers, some people only seem to like the latter.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

hooplala

I have to agree with Rat, he is usually the first to defend a pinealist... I don't know what possesses the rest though... I find her to be the textual equivalent of the dentist drill sound.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hoopla on August 19, 2008, 10:11:24 PM
I have to agree with Rat, he is usually the first to defend a pinealist... I don't know what possesses the rest though... I find her to be the textual equivalent of the dentist drill sound.

I dunno, maybe they're right. I certianly can't assume that PED being a girl didn't somehow affect my view, I don't think it consciously affected my view and I hope that it didn't affect me subconsciously either.  I have to admit, though, that the possibility exists. I really thought I had a reputation for defending the pinealists and noobs, but Cain and Nigel seem to have seen something in me that I didn't.

Time for some introspection I think.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

hooplala

Well, I don't mean to imply that might not have had SOMEthing to do with it, but you do at least have some pinealist protection in your past.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 19, 2008, 10:20:07 PM

I dunno, maybe they're right. I certianly can't assume that PED being a girl didn't somehow affect my view, I don't think it consciously affected my view and I hope that it didn't affect me subconsciously either.  I have to admit, though, that the possibility exists. I really thought I had a reputation for defending the pinealists and noobs, but Cain and Nigel seem to have seen something in me that I didn't.

Actually, I didn't think that, I just threw up the image because I had it hanging around and it was pertinent to Nigel's point, as well as funny.

However, if you feel the need for introspection on this issue, don't let my denial stop you.

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 19, 2008, 10:01:13 PM
However, from my perspective I have, thuse far considered PED as just another DIscordian that seems more interested in Dada than Doing Something. I see both as fine drivers, some people only seem to like the latter.

Thats a bullshit argument as well.  Strawman, I believe is the term.

BADGE OF HONOR

Based on stuff I have seen Rat say, I'd say he's carrying a grudge about a certain person. 
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Verbal Mike

The drama is boring.
However, I cannot find the pics.
Where are the pics.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on August 19, 2008, 11:42:47 PM
Based on stuff I have seen Rat say, I'd say he's carrying a grudge about a certain person. 

And he should either stop being oblique and have a screaming argument, forget about, or leave.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

hooplala

I like how you quote your own stuff, and then continue as if having a conversation.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

BADGE OF HONOR

hooplala

It wasn't a slight, I am genuinely amused by it.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

I can't wait until the Zombie Apocalypse(tm) happens and Ratatosk finds himself locked in a fortified warehouse for 5 or 10 years with his only companionship comprised of the people that no one else wanted to go through the Zombie Apocalypse(tm) with.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 19, 2008, 10:20:07 PM

I think it's affected you in some way at least, because you've mentioned that she's hot more than once, and she's not just a pinealist, she's a bitchy pinealist who persistently makes shitty little jabs at the other people on the board, but you STILL defend her.

She hasn't jabbed at me that I've noticed, but WTF.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."