News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Of COURSE not, it's a sticker to proudly proclaim the fact I voted, and if you do not have a sticker, then you should go vote so you get one. Duh.

It's a special sticker than only cool people get for voting.

They look like this:

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

Quote from: Cramulus on October 20, 2008, 10:29:04 PM
When I voted in the primaries, I was literally scowled at. The Dem line stretched out the door, and I was the only person in the Republican line  :mrgreen:

The woman at the Repub table was so pleased to see a young republican - she was grinning ear to ear! Her expression changed when she saw me taking some practice coin-flips. I forget what I said exactly, but it was something like

"Which booth do I enter to participate in the tyranny of the majority?"

"Um, that one," she said.

As I left, I shouted at the room, "Good luck with your, um, what do they call it now? Good luck with your democracy."

This is awesome.

Jenne

Quote from: Cramulus on October 20, 2008, 10:29:04 PM
When I voted in the primaries, I was literally scowled at. The Dem line stretched out the door, and I was the only person in the Republican line  :mrgreen:

The woman at the Repub table was so pleased to see a young republican - she was grinning ear to ear! Her expression changed when she saw me taking some practice coin-flips. I forget what I said exactly, but it was something like

"Which booth do I enter to participate in the tyranny of the majority?"

"Um, that one," she said.

As I left, I shouted at the room, "Good luck with your, um, what do they call it now? Good luck with your democracy."

Wow, Cram.  Wow.  :lol:  Awesomely done.

Eve

Quote from: Suu on October 20, 2008, 10:29:55 PM
Of COURSE not, it's a sticker to proudly proclaim the fact I voted, and if you do not have a sticker, then you should go vote so you get one. Duh.

It's a special sticker than only cool people get for voting.

They look like this:

Ours are more round! But you're right.. even today, I was thinking that I need to hit up my voting place (school half a block away) early so I can wear the sticker all day and be obnoxious. :D
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Jenne

I am THIS CLOSE to putting a bunch of fucked up Obama and No on Prop 8! signs in my yard...in fact, screw it...if I have time this weekend (and I should, we ain't doin' much), I think I will.  Just need some laminating shit because it's damned damp all of a sudden.

There are so many McCain/Palin "CUNTREE FURST!" and YES ON Prop 8! (protect marriage proposition--GAG PUKE GAG) signs everywhere, it's driving me nuts. 

Can anyone think of some clever but catchy No on Prop 8 --http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_(2008) --and Obama signs?  I can probably think of a good one for Obama...but Prop 8 is a bit touchier.  It even sparked off a debate in my kitchen with my brothers, my husband and my mother...my husband said something like "Imagine the propoganda being said in the CHURCHES" and my mom went off...

Suu

They want to pull back same-sex marriages already? WTF CALIFORNIA?!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

California has some fucking wing-nuttiest jack-offs in the nation, believe you me.  A lot of them in the OC and San Diego.  Fucking business asstards and military podunks.  *sigh*  They undo a lot of the shit done by San Fran.

tyrannosaurus vex

PROTECT MARRIAGE
From the Religious Right

VOTE YES ON PROPOSITION 8
Osama Bin Laden would.

EQUALITY IS UNAMERICAN
Vote YES on Proposition 8
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Jenne

Quote from: vexati0n on October 21, 2008, 03:48:59 AM
PROTECT MARRIAGE
From the Religious Right

VOTE YES ON PROPOSITION 8
Osama Bin Laden would.

EQUALITY IS UNAMERICAN
Vote YES on Proposition 8

:mittens:  I'll take #1 for 500, Alex.  (edited...think #1 is awesome--think the other 2 will have to be used, as awesome as they are, just not as signs)...stickergasm?

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Sir Squid Diddimus

hey.
where are these touch screen machine doodads??

all i get is a damn bubble sheet.
AGAIN!

but i will get a new sticker  :D
so i can hang with the cool kids. and swear and smoke cigarettes n shit.

yeah.

Cain

This is Radio Rwanda calling.

http://www.wisn.com/politics/17754232/detail.html

In an exclusive interview with 12 News, 58 year-old Nancy Takehara of Chicago says she was going door-to-door when she came across a disgruntled homeowner.

"The next thing I know he's telling us we're not his people, we're probably with ACORN, and he started screaming and raving," Takehara said. "He grabbed me by the back of the neck. I thought he was going to rip my hair out of my head. He was pounding on my head and screaming. The man terrified me."

-------------------

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/20/rick-davis-were-rethinkin_n_136173.html

Rev Wright is back on the cards.

John McCain's campaign manager says he is reconsidering using Barack Obama's relationship with Reverend Jeremiah Wright as a campaign issue during the election's closing weeks.

In an appearance on conservative Hugh Hewitt's radio program, Davis said that circumstances had changed since John McCain initially and unilaterally took Obama's former pastor off the table. The Arizona Republican, Davis argued, had been jilted by the remarks of Rep. John Lewis, who compared recent GOP crowds to segregationist George Wallace's rallies. And, as such, the campaign was going to "rethink" what was in and out of political bounds.

Cain

While I'm here, I may as well transcribe a post from The Editors, detailing right wing reactions to Powell's endorsement of Obama.

QuoteNo one could have predicted, a few bad apples, etc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvPJOQhXrak

(The Star of David is a nice touch.)  Wow, that's a weird isolated incident.  I wonder where that guy got those kooky ideas?

In less camera-shy quadrants of the wingnutosphere, Rush Limbaugh, Mike Gallagher, Pat Buchanan, the Freepi, Judith Apter Isosceles Perambulate Marcalculate Klinghoffer, and many, many others determine that Colin Powell is a huge racist for endorsing Barack Obama.  Because, you see, they are both black. The Media Blog goes a half-step further, proving by induction that all black people are racist, and the only option for decent people is to repay them in kind:

QuoteSo, the next time a black person throws around the charge of racism feel free to ignore it. Better yet, you might want to tell them that it is nothing more than the pot calling the kettle black.

A bold stand for equality, one which reminds me of a non-racist MLK, Jr., or a Rosa Parks who stood up for racial equality. Over at Floppy Asses they advance a slightly different theory: that it's not so much that black people are racist for voting for Democrats, as that they are morons, duped by the Demoncrats strategy of lying to negroes. Hello? Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, durr!

Jammie-Wearing Fool goes even further, noting that both black AND white people who vote for Obama are huge racists:

QuoteYes, because it's OK for them to be racist, so long as they project their racism upon Republicans with their incessant cries of racism. Naturally, it's fine if 105% of blacks (with ACORN's help, naturally) vote for Obama. We can't call that racist, because we'd be racist for pointing that out.

Oh, and I forgot how these racists call anyone who isn't a racist - i.e., decent white conservatives from real pro-America America - "racists".  In an amazing twist, white conservative republicans are History's Secret Victims - again!  Completing the agony, Donald Douglas attempts a bit of post-racist meta-projection something-or-other which would require a team of psychotherapists and a Klein bottle full of LSD to make sense of:

QuoteJust contemplate the loaded racism in that passage: Essentially, folks see Kwame Kilpatrick as a big, black threatening "nigga" (used here non-pejoratively, in the hip-hop sense, but perhaps differently by the working-class whites identified in the Politico).

I swear, one has to be a contortionist to make sense of Democratic Party racial politics.

I mean, think about it: What's the difference between Kwame Kilpatrick and Barack Obama?

Naturally, Prof. Douglas concludes that there is no relevent difference between these two black men, and that one would have to be a huge racist to think there was.  The next 4-8 years are going to be utterly insane.

Iason Ouabache

Olbermann's special commentary last night was about how divisive the Republicans have become with their "My America" talking points:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58vsFGTdyx0
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘