News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Peppery Chicken Boobs

Started by Suu, July 08, 2008, 02:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Oh I like arugula, I think it's the oak leaves and endive that taste more bitter in the mix.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I once planted arugula, not realizing how, um, hardy and self-propagating it is.

Now it's EVERYFUCKINGWHERE. Also tomatoes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Cucumbers once took over my mom's garden...that was hysterical. I never ate so much cucumbers that year in my life.  :x
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I would not mind cucumbers.

The pumpkins, though, oh fuck. SO MANY PUMPKINS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on July 10, 2008, 03:35:10 AM

I LOVE PUMPKINS

they're always so expensive

but my mum makes this awesome pumpkin cream soup, which is bright orange and creamy and deliocious
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: triple zero on July 10, 2008, 03:30:42 PM

I LOVE PUMPKINS

but my mum makes this awesome pumpkin cream soup, which is bright orange and creamy and deliocious

I will remind you of this and beg the recipe when I hve tons of pumpkins in Sept-Oct!!  My kids love pumpkin anything!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love pumpkin soup; that's probably what I'll do with most of them, and pies from some, and pumpkin curry with a few more, and the rest will rot on the ground.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Evil Bitch Khara on July 10, 2008, 06:02:23 PM
Quote from: triple zero on July 10, 2008, 03:30:42 PM

I LOVE PUMPKINS

I will remind you of this and beg the recipe when I hve tons of pumpkins in Sept-Oct!!  My kids love pumpkin anything!

i think it's basically pumpkin chunks, boiled in veggie stock, then pureed with a blender-on-a-stick. cream is added and stirred afterwards. fresh ground black pepper to taste.

when serving, put a little drop of cream in the bowl, cause it looks pretty. also some green leaf (basil, parsley,whatever you have fresh).

i will ask her if there's anything more to it, but i think that's pretty much it. maybe some garlic? (garlic is always good, after all)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Nigel on July 10, 2008, 07:43:28 PM
I love pumpkin soup; that's probably what I'll do with most of them, and pies from some, and pumpkin curry with a few more, and the rest will rot on the ground. be lit on fire and lobbed at jerks.

FIX'T

Also, Zippletits: that sounds fantastic. I am so trying that this fall.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

AFK

My wife thought it would be a good idea to just throw the rotten pumpkins from last Halloween into a pile on some old sod we had ripped out and piled in a corner.  The spot is riddled with pumpkin plants.  Not only that, some birds must've tucked into them at different points and crapped them over my lawn because I've got little pumpkin plants here and there growing in mah lawn. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Nast

Pumpkins ftw!

There are tons of great things to do with pumpkins because they work in both sweet and savory dishes. You can make pumpkin risotto, pumpkin butter, stuffed pumpkin, etc.

This year I'm trying out growing a Japanese pumpkin called kabocha.  Most sites recommend simmering it in a mix of mirin, soy sauce, sugar, and dashi broth. I wonder if that method would work well with other winter squash...
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I bet it would, and it sounds delicious!

Jenne

Ooh, I make pumpkin curry soup every Halloween!  I make grilled cheese sammiches to go along with.  My kids love it!  :D

BADGE OF HONOR

Two words:  pumpkin souffle.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".