News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Rev Roger's New-Style Sermon for a Kindler, Gentler Board

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 08, 2008, 08:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, it's nice to have someone to go trolling with.  These spags always say they will, but they won't (except for Idem and Cain, but Idem hasn't been around, and Cain was killed by wild boars).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Efrim

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 14, 2008, 06:37:13 PM
Also, it's nice to have someone to go trolling with.  These spags always say they will, but they won't (except for Idem and Cain, but Idem hasn't been around, and Cain was killed by wild boars).

That's the fourth Principia Discordia member to succumb to Wild Boar attack. When will these godless killing machines be stopped?
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Efrim on July 14, 2008, 06:55:14 PM

That's the fourth Principia Discordia member to succumb to Wild Boar attack. When will these godless killing machines be stopped?

Dunno.  Two years ago, I got chased up the side of an air compressor by a javalina.  Now I shoot the bastards every chance I get.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Shadow Dreamer

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 08, 2008, 08:12:13 PM
In keeping with several members' insistence that The Good Reverend stop being so mean and angry, so abusive and sarcastic, I have decided to bow to the will of the people.  Bear with me on this, because I'm new to this touchie-feelie stuff.

I was reading the news today, and I saw some things that - while not actually upsetting me - gave me pause for thought.  It seems our president has been doing things that don't appear quite correct.  Now, I am sure he has our best interests at heart, but these things didn't seem strictly in line with the US constitution.

I also noticed this morning that people tend to act in a way that does not seem to be the best use of intelligence.  Of course, I'm not condemning them, as their version of "intelligence" is just as valid and self-actualizing as mine.  Just because they stop for no reason in the middle of the street, doesn't mean that they don't have just as much of a right to be on the road as I do, and I heartily apologize if I appeared to imply differently, even for a second.

Everything is great.  Things are wonderful.

Or kill me say nice things to me.

I know..haven't been here for a while.....almost shit when I read that rog.  was someone slipping you qualudes?  like a dozen at a fucking time?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm only thankful he changed his mind about it. Took a while though - the man is stubborn!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Nigel on December 04, 2008, 07:56:56 AM
I'm only thankful he changed his mind about it.

Seconded. As someone who generally acts polite and bleeding-heart, I must say that the purity of Roger's hatred is very illuminating and refreshing.

Also, I think this:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 10, 2008, 05:09:30 AM
I just thought I'd remind everyone that hate shitting is a sacrament.

If shortened to "Hate-shitting is a sacrament," should be one of the mottos on the News feed.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 26, 2009, 01:56:39 PM
Cain was killed by wild boars.

I got better.

Lies.  You got zombified, and have been eating brains ever since.

(Explains Gordon Brown, right?)

Cain

Gordon Brown's brain is depressed and, as such, would taste bad.  You need to eat happy, fluffy peoples brains.  Its like Kobe beef.