News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

WHAT KIND OF SHEER FUCKERY IS THIS.

Started by Contessa_Ugolino, July 25, 2008, 03:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contessa_Ugolino

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117989391.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Yep. Remaking Rocky Horror. Oh, that won't go at all poorly.

Look, Rocky is a crappy movie. What saves it is self-aware crappiness and the whole bruhaha surrounding it in midnight showings. This is going to suck harder than Uncle BadTouch at a day care.
WE'RE PROBABLY NOT AS JUDGMENTAL AS YOU MIGHT THINK.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Rocky Horror.....  Ah the memories....

Fishnet stockings....

Hotdogs....

Let's do the Time Bomb AGAIN!!!

I don't know if today's generation can truly appreciate a packed movie theatre full of teenagers and 20 somethings dressed all out in costume, high as kites, throwing hotdogs.... :cry:

The good old days....  I swear if they get Miley Cyrus to play Janet I will have to kill someone.....

AFK

Quote from: Contessa_Ugolino on July 25, 2008, 03:20:11 PM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117989391.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Look, Rocky is a crappy movie. What saves it is self-aware crappiness and the whole bruhaha surrounding it in midnight showings. This is going to suck harder than Uncle BadTouch at a day care.

Hollywood has officially run out of ideas.  This is why I don't go to movies anymore. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Contessa_Ugolino

Quote from: Evil Bitch For Hire on July 25, 2008, 03:40:30 PM
I swear if they get Miley Cyrus to play Janet I will have to kill someone.....

AND I WILL HELP YOU. FOR GREAT JUSTICE.
WE'RE PROBABLY NOT AS JUDGMENTAL AS YOU MIGHT THINK.

Suu

I will NOT go see this. It's a fucking mockery of the original.  :argh!:

Give me Tim Curry in platforms or give me death!

Honestly, who's going to play Frank? Knowing today's "politically correctness", they'll make him a woman or something. And is Richard O'Brien behind this at all? Considering he uh...wrote and starred in the original?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Darth Cupcake

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

That One Guy

:argh!:

Why? I mean really - why? What's the point of remaking this? 99% of the enjoyment of Rocky Horror is the over-the-top camp, done with a nod and a wink at every turn, in every performance, from Tim Curry to Meatloaf to Richard O'Brien and the rest of the cast. Does anyone remember Shock Treatment? If so, my apologies. That was an attempt - by O'Brien himself - to recapture the Rocky Horror magic. It was bad. BAAAAAAD.

This will be worse.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

LMNO

Fishnet stockings....

Hotdogs....

I don't know if today's generation can truly appreciate a packed movie theatre full of teenagers and 20 somethings dressed all out in costume, high as kites, throwing hotdogs.... :cry:

The good old days....  I swear if they get Miley Cyrus to play Janet I will have to kill someone.....

On the other hand, it would allow the audience to call Miley a slut...

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO on July 25, 2008, 04:41:27 PM

Fishnet stockings....

Hotdogs....

AWWWWWW  LMNO  you say the sweetest things..... :lulz:

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: LMNO on July 25, 2008, 04:41:27 PM

Fishnet stockings....

Hotdogs....

PSHAW!  Like we need an excuse for that.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

:lulz:

This is going to suck harder than Uncle BadTouch at a day care.

Oh.  Yuck.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: Contessa_Ugolino on July 25, 2008, 03:20:11 PMThis is going to suck harder than Uncle BadTouch at a day care.

I originally read this as "Lovecraft at a day care" and thought: how awesome would it be to see Cthulhu eat toddlers alive and utterly destroy one of those pools with all the plastic balls in it?

And then I read it again and was sad.

Suu

My friend just said that John Barrowman should play Frank.  :|
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BADGE OF HONOR

What the christ.  YOU CAN'T REMAKE A GODDAMNED CULT CLASSIC GOD DAMNIT.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 25, 2008, 09:56:15 PM
What the christ.  YOU CAN'T REMAKE A GODDAMNED CULT CLASSIC GOD DAMNIT.

Welcome to the Post-American Century.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.