News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Post your desktop

Started by Messier Undertree, September 14, 2008, 03:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bds

Quote from: Squid-diddle on December 26, 2008, 06:53:17 AM
on pc

on laptop (i got it for x-mas, hence the santa hat)

Squid, is that the Dell Dock i see in the top of both of those?
I have that on my new laptop, but i'm not sure whether to keep it, cause it's a fucking drain on system resources.
:argh!:

Harlequin

I believe that's Rocket Dock. It's a small drain, but personally I prefer having it - far easier to use than the start menu, and if you use Desktop Coral you can keep it visible at all times without it overlapping any maximised apps - as shown on my computer here:

After all, wasn't it Oscar Wilde who was arrested for sodomy? Sorry, I'm not quite sure why I said that...

bds

Quote from: Harlequin on December 26, 2008, 12:50:46 PM
I believe that's Rocket Dock. It's a small drain, but personally I prefer having it - far easier to use than the start menu, and if you use Desktop Coral you can keep it visible at all times without it overlapping any maximised apps - as shown on my computer here:

Right-o.
Cheers.
I've been looking into alternatives to the Dell Dock that came with my laptop, so far I only have RocketDock and Rain Meter.
I'm also looking for themes and stuff, atm.

Harlequin

Rainmeter is very handy - you can see it in my screenie - and relatively easy to modify. Try searching for the Enigma Rainmeter skins, they're pretty good. I've been making my own modules though since I can't find any decent text-only vertical skins - if you want, I can share them here so you can get an idea of how to use them.

Rainmeter, RocketDock, DesktopCoral, Satin2 Theme are basically all I've used - along with custom dock icons. Also, using the stacks docklet for RocketDock is very handy for grouping lesser-used shortcuts or giving a quick and easy way of viewing items in folders:

After all, wasn't it Oscar Wilde who was arrested for sodomy? Sorry, I'm not quite sure why I said that...

Sir Squid Diddimus

it's rocket dock.
mr squid puts all this stuff on my computers before giving them to me.

Cain

So you would recommend RocketDock over other rivals then, Harlequin?  I've never actually used any of these programs before, but I can see why one would be handy.

Anyway, wallpaper

Harlequin

Yeah, RocketDock seems the best (I've tried one other alternative whose name I can't recall, and didn't like it) - very easy to configure, not too taxing on your system, and overall it just works, which is always nice. As I said above, use Desktop Coral with it too, so you have your dock always visible (comes in handy).

Triple Zero

I see from your desktop screenshots that non of you computar n00bs have bothered to even install a really real OS (for realness).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

bds

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 28, 2008, 05:12:58 PM
I see from your desktop screenshots that non of you computar n00bs have bothered to even install a really real OS (for realness).

:lulz:

Now that is really real.

Harlequin

Pssh. I'd like to see it do a bit-shift to the left.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Harlequin on December 09, 2008, 11:15:13 AM

'Tis mine - custom background, icons, theme and rainmeter skins. I have far too much free time.

Can I get a link to the original?

Harlequin

Sure - the image is way too large to post here, but here's the link: Super Massive Awesome Space Thing

Bu🤠ns

Sir Squid Diddimus

Bruno

Formerly something else...