News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

IRON CHEF SUU - BATTLE OF THE MARINADE BAGS 2008

Started by Suu, September 28, 2008, 05:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

I'd take london broil over pretty much anything processed or freeze-dried.

Just my perspective.

East Coast Hustle

yeah.

I'd rather live in Uzbekistan than North Korea.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Maybe I'm just missing the point of being as negative as possible. 

East Coast Hustle

nah, I'm just too fucked (monetarily speaking) to be a snob about anything besides food, and in 10 days I'll be switching from "food snob" to "going to the food bank", so I'm just taking my shots while I can.

that said, London Broil is only marginally better than Dinty Moore.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

trippinprincezz13

Nothing against London or broiling, but combine the two, and just the name London Broil makes me not want to buy it. My boyfriend works as a meat cutter and says that they can be edible if prepared right, but don't expect to see it in our house. If we can't afford a jr. club or better, no steak for us (have had NY steak once or twice, and no, we're not rich enough to be eating steak a million times a week - only reason we can afford it from his work is because they give us a slight discount). But when we can afford (or pretend to afford) a cowboy steak from his work... :fap: :fap: :fap:

BTW Suu, of the two batches of tips, yours looked and sounded a hell of a lot better. Although we always marinade steak tips when we get them, Mr. Suu's looked way too seasoned for my taste. And any kind of steak cooked well done is  :x
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 01, 2008, 02:06:39 PM
nah, I'm just too fucked (monetarily speaking) to be a snob about anything besides food, and in 10 days I'll be switching from "food snob" to "going to the food bank", so I'm just taking my shots while I can.

Meh, from his line of work, my boyfriend's become a bit of a meat snob (lol) so I don't blame you, esp. since some of it has rubbed off on me (although he knows a hell of a lot more than I do).

But, you buy what you can afford. Just that if we can't afford a certain quality of steak, we just don't get it. Honestly, not being judgmental here, we're living just about paycheck to paycheck, and when we can't afford "good" food, our dinners turn to ramen, frozen pizzas or potpies, dinty moore, etc. Ground beef is usually our cheap "backup" meat, but that always comes out awesome when we have it.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Jenne

Quote from: Suu on September 30, 2008, 07:21:18 PM
Quote from: LMNO on September 30, 2008, 06:44:54 PM
Ahhhhhhh!

Suuuu!  What did you do to those poor things!?

Steaks need room to brown. 

- oil in HOT pan.  let oil heat up.

Add one tip.  DON'T Touch it for at least 2 minutes!  Turn.  Remove.  Repeat.

Lower heat.  Add veggies.  sautee/soften/season.

Return meat to pan to warm through.

That's what I did with mine!!!! That's just the biggest pan I have! Like I said, they were really fucking thin, if I would have had a thicker cut, I would have done one at a time.

Mr. Suu insisted on a different method for his...fucking Puerto Rican. If its not loaded with seasoning and fried to ash, it's not good enough. I had to beg him not to make them well done.

He also insisted on not cutting the strips prior to marinading, because it's "Not what he does" so he wouldn't let me do it, in fear it was an unfair advantage.

It's not a cube steak, it's sirloin tips!

Your Mr.Suu and MY Mr/Dr. Jenne should cook together--they have the same methodology! 

Suu

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on October 01, 2008, 02:30:58 PM

Meh, from his line of work, my boyfriend's become a bit of a meat snob (lol) so I don't blame you, esp. since some of it has rubbed off on me (although he knows a hell of a lot more than I do).

But, you buy what you can afford. Just that if we can't afford a certain quality of steak, we just don't get it. Honestly, not being judgmental here, we're living just about paycheck to paycheck, and when we can't afford "good" food, our dinners turn to ramen, frozen pizzas or potpies, dinty moore, etc. Ground beef is usually our cheap "backup" meat, but that always comes out awesome when we have it.

Oh we have ground beef next.

...and he threatened meatloaf.  :|

MEAT SHOULD NOT BE A LOAF. I used to run for the hills when dinner was meatloaf as a kid.

It's a very tender subject. Another slice, anyone?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

That's because you never had my meatloaf.

Yes, that was an unpleasant innuendo.

Jenne

My meatloaf is to die for...but then it's got bbq sauce as its mainstay--it's just spicy bbw-sauced up ground meat, in the end.  My kiddos adore it.

Jasper

Jenne

SPICY!  Wiff fried onions.  It's really just bbq meatballs in loaf form.

Suu

I don't care how people make meatloaf. My mom put onions in fucking everything, glazed it with ketchup...whatever. It was gross. The idea of meatloaf makes me gag. It would be hard to convince me otherwise.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Suu on October 02, 2008, 06:01:50 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on October 01, 2008, 02:30:58 PM

Oh we have ground beef next.

...and he threatened meatloaf.  :|

MEAT SHOULD NOT BE A LOAF. I used to run for the hills when dinner was meatloaf as a kid.

It's a very tender subject. Another slice, anyone?

What a guy! Makes you cry!
(And I did)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Quote from: Suu on October 02, 2008, 07:18:19 PM
I don't care how people make meatloaf. My mom put onions in fucking everything, glazed it with ketchup...whatever. It was gross. The idea of meatloaf makes me gag. It would be hard to convince me otherwise.

Do you like meatballs?