News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

All things being said...

Started by Jack of Turnips, October 12, 2008, 05:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

QuoteI did not say that, I don't know who did. It is illegal to say that, illegal to write it, illegal for an American to think it

i thought your disclaimer was good enough...
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Jasper

Don't be afraid, if someone wants to throw you into jail, they could just throw things at you until something stuck.  It's basically impossible to commit no crimes in this country, so the only real safeguard is going unnoticed. 

Which is rather the problem, you may agree.

The Dark Monk

I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Jack of Turnips

:lulz:

Of course, a serious bomb-chucker (hypothetical) would not want to leave even faint tracks on the internet. Only a fellow-traveler or a nascent revolutionary -- an amateur -- would do that.  (Which puts a big fat sticker on my forehead, I guess.)

As far as printing a pamphlet goes, that's fine, but be aware of fingerprints and tracebacks. In one future we're lined up with our backs to a bullet-pocked wall. If-and-when, they will come for the fellow-travelers and amateurs first. A lot of innocents will get swept up too, if it's a typical police state purge. Could be thou and I.

Hard for me to say just where the USA is on that path right now. Using foreign prisons to provide torture facilities -- as is the current CIA practice -- is not how it's done in proper police states. But I believe I heard that the CIA has held and probably tortured a few US citizens stateside (the argument being, I think, that it was a "reasonable" domestic analogue for the camp at Guantanamo Bay). That's troubling. And the passage of the anti-sedition bill shows that the requisite mixture of cowards and bullies exists in Washington.

Anyway. I kind of wanted to check in on the forum, it's an interesting place. Thanks for the smidge of attention; as a newbie I am not worthy.

~~ Jack

If you can read this then I am lying to you.

Cain

I think you should hang around, if you have the time.  I have a couple of upcoming posts (partially designed to dispel any post-GOP, post-Blair post-obvious insanity euphoria) which may be right down your street.

Manta Obscura

The original post here is a work of art. I'm truly impressed.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Dysfunctional Cunt