News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Plátanos y Tostones! (Wait, what? Plantains and plantains?)

Started by Suu, October 28, 2008, 04:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LMNO

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LMNO

Suu

Quote from: Squiddy on October 28, 2008, 05:10:31 PM
That might be it.
I really love bananas and a plantain is not a banana but it looks like one so it tricks my brain.

Like if cake tasted like mashed potatoes.

The banana family is weird. Because technically, a plantain is a banana, they aren't even that genetically dissimilar, but taste and texture wise they're very different. Same with bananitos, which I grew in Florida. They look like adorable mini bananas and then are so fucking tart they're hard to eat.

My parents new house has plantains and bananitos. Nothing is ready yet though. My mom is surprised that they have that much fruit on trees this year and my brother apparently got very excited when he reached up to check what kind of banana they had and found it was a plantain.

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on October 28, 2008, 05:15:22 PM
Actually, someone on a baking community made meat cupcakes--meatloaf, with mashed potato "frosting." So there you go, ALL YOUR FEARS ARE MANIFEST :eek:

Also, I recall the plantains at the Memorial Day Pork Shoulder Cabal being AWESOME. I wanna try making my own sometime. For funsies.

CUPSTEAKS!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BADGE OF HONOR

I am apparently the only person in the world who isn't absolutely wild for cheese.

I mean, it's okay.  I guess.

LMNO

BADGE OF HONOR

BADGE OF HONOR

Jenne

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on October 28, 2008, 06:06:47 PM
Bacon is all right.  I'd skip the meatloaf, though.

:cry:  Too many haters on the meatloaf!  ...but really, I used to hate it too.

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BADGE OF HONOR

Titus is seriously Hopkins' best performance, ever.  Bar none.  It's my most favorite movie.

Suu

I know that it came out in the slew of Shakespearean movies they did for a while in which the setting wasn't period for the play, so I missed it and heard it was terribly underrated. I mean, it only had Ten Things I Hate About You, O, and two versions of Hamlet to compete with.  :roll:

Not to mention it's definitely not one of Shakespeare's more popular plays, for obvious reasons.

BADGE OF HONOR

Well, now you know.  Go watch it!  Just ignore the very end, which is kinda gay.