News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Homemade cheese for Palak Paneer

Started by navkat, October 29, 2008, 09:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

Take an entire gallon of milk and boil that shit in a pot on the stove on LOW.
Add two teaspoons of pure lemon juice. The milk will form curdles.
Remove from heat
Strain all that crap through a cheesecloth, catching all the curdles and ditching all the liquid shit.
Squeeeeeeeeze all the juice out of the solids and start working that shit into a hard ball of solid from inside the cheesecloth

Slice that shit into cubes and put it in yr indian curry recipes...or you could just eat a whole bunch of it because you're completely impressed with yourself for making homemade cheese and then realize that you didn't leave enough for your recipe so you'll just have to add the rest to other stuff or just gorge yourself in front of the latest episode of Heroes. 

LMNO

navkat

Quote from: Rabbi LMNO on October 29, 2008, 12:23:20 PM
Boil it on low?  Does not compute.

Um...simmer. I meant simmer on low.

And uh...you have to keep stirring it too.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Triple Zero

you're may want to put some cumin into this.

just be careful about the amount, cause as you may have found, a lot of milk only produces a littlebit of paneer. so what may look like not very much on a gallon when you add it, will be a lot more when you've strained the liquid out (i found that nearly all of the cumin will stick to the curdles).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

Isn't mozzerella pretty much made the same way?