News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

This thread is now about Furries, for some reason. Formerly: "So. Anonymous."

Started by Alfred Rhazi, November 07, 2008, 05:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

The Scientology thing is dumb as hell.  Most of them do it out of hatred, which is messed up.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

hooplala

I don't see it that way.

I see it as the CoS having EXTREMELY deep pockets when it comes to lawyers fees, which is why most people won't bother with them in court.  They can afford to keep the trials going indefinitely.

Anonymous hits them where they can't really do anything about it.  For this, I appreciate them.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

BADGE OF HONOR

Maybe it's just because I live in Utah, but seriously nothing the CoS does can ever be more evil to me than half the things the LDS church monolith does on a regular basis.  So I don't really care.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

BADGE OF HONOR

Cain

The minute Anonymous started to take itself seriously was the moment it became an ego-crutch for basement dwelling social misfits.  It was an interesting example of emergence and web-based organization, but there are other examples of that now.

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2008, 09:59:18 PM
The minute Anonymous started to take itself seriously was the moment it became an ego-crutch for basement dwelling social misfits.  It was an interesting example of emergence and web-based organization, but there are other examples of that now.

PING!

In the hacker universe, there are lots of groups like anonymous, but they actually remain, well, anonymous. ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cainad (dec.)

All I want is for Anonymous to get back to making serious IRL digs at Scientology. The last protest was in April, FFS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alfred Rhazi on November 07, 2008, 05:45:33 PM
What does this little corner of the web think of them?

I think they're cowards with a fucked up set of priorities.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Hoopla on November 07, 2008, 10:02:57 PM
Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on November 07, 2008, 09:02:17 PM
Fuck you.

TOUCHÉ!!

Seriously, though, Scientology may be an evil pyramid scheme but it doesn't do anything as horrible as, say...and I'm just pulling a random example out of a hat, here....ohh, let's say changing a state constitution to fit its moral mandates.  So, really, fuck you.

BADGE OF HONOR

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BADGE OF HONOR

Hatred of entire blocks of people just because they belong to X religion or have Y skin color is messed up.