News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Intermittens Staff Signup

Started by Cramulus, November 18, 2008, 12:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Basic php hack from here: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/12/02/10-useful-rss-hacks-for-wordpress/
-----
The problem. Do you have more than one blog, or do you manage a forum? If so, you may want to be able to display any RSS feed on your WordPress blog.

The solution. Many plug-ins can do the job, but they're not necessary at all. WordPress has a built-in RSS reader that is used, for example, to display news on your dashboard. All you have to do is use it in your theme.

1. Paste the following code anywhere in your theme (personally, I'd put it in the sidebar, the footer or, even better, the page template):

<?php include_once(ABSPATH.WPINC.'/rss.php');      	wp_rss('http://www.principiadiscordia.com/blog/feed/', 5); ?>

2. Save it and you're done. It's as easy as that!

Code explanation. The first thing we have done is include the rss.php file from WordPress core. This file allows us to use the wp_rss() function, which takes two parameters: the first is the RSS feed's URL, and the second is the number of RSS entries to be displayed.
-----

There appear to be some other plugins that provide similar functionality.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Shai Hulud

Just noticed this thread, somehow it had escaped my notice.  Sign me up as an illustrator!  When is the next Intermittens coming out, anyway?

Chief Uwachiquen

Whoa, I almost thought you disappeared forever to be lost in the vast series of INTERNETS, Guy.

Anyway I could help, I just don't know what you guys want/need/wantneed. I can't do anything artsy but I could write something, maybe? I'll think more on it in a little bit and edit or post once I have a better idea.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Guy Incognito on December 26, 2009, 10:32:43 AM
Just noticed this thread, somehow it had escaped my notice.  Sign me up as an illustrator!  When is the next Intermittens coming out, anyway?

Whenever the people working on one finish it.

Perhaps you can pester BAI to finish editing his issue so that you can insert some art?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cramulus

Quote from: Guy Incognito on December 26, 2009, 10:32:43 AM

Awesome!

there is no production schedule.

basically the format seems to be,

the staff produces a bunch of public domain / kopyleft content, and then editors pick it up and weave it into their issues

A good place to start would be to post some illustrations here: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=18902.0

though if any editors are working on anything *cough*, they can always mail you and say "Hey, can you illustrate this piece on BUTTS?" or whatever

Shai Hulud

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on December 26, 2009, 12:27:13 PM
Whoa, I almost thought you disappeared forever to be lost in the vast series of INTERNETS, Guy.

Yeah, it's easy to get lost considering it's just a vast series of tubes.  But actually I have been lurking here every now and again, just haven't got anything to say about emos and goths, so not much to contribute to the convo lately.

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on December 26, 2009, 03:21:38 PM
Perhaps you can pester BAI to finish editing his issue so that you can insert some art?

BAI, prepare to be pestered!

Quote from: Cramulus on December 26, 2009, 03:42:10 PM

though if any editors are working on anything *cough*, they can always mail you and say "Hey, can you illustrate this piece on BUTTS?" or whatever

I would LOVE to illustrate a piece on BUTTS!  Who's going to write it?

Shai Hulud

Quote from: BAI on December 26, 2009, 09:13:57 PM
Although, feel free to steal the number :D

Haha, that would be very Discordian, having two issues with the same number.  But I wouldn't mind helping out with your current issue if you'd prefer (that's issue 8, right?).  I'm handy with photoshop so I can do some layouts if you need it, maybe we could even host it on a blog, as sort of a hybrid blog/zine?

Triple Zero

I dont care BAI, seems like you just need to work harder then, eh? Cause IM IMPATIENT AS FUCK NOW GET TO WORK YOU
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Well, it seems like your issue will be totally worth the wait at least.

If anyone is interested in doing a horrormirth-themed issue, I am willing to edit assuming the material manages to go in before mid-January. It will be a decidedly less elaborate affair.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cramulus

... the long awaited LOLLERCAUST issue?

Triple Zero

WELL OF COURSE YOU WILL NOT GET SEXY TIME UNTIL YOU FINISH THE INTERMITTENS.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Cramulus on January 01, 2010, 06:07:56 PM
... the long awaited LOLLERCAUST issue?
that one got pulled from the internet, remember?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I plan something far tamer than number four.

Cramulus

you don't remember the fourth issue being pulled?

we really shouldn't talk about it

the last yatto

roger was so  :argh!: about it
that he refused to do another issue of intermittens
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 23, 2009, 02:05:46 AM
Don't know where to put this, but I don't want any of my stuff in any future intermittens.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit