News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

orange blossom ale?
i've had the o.b. pilsner, which is sweet, thick and not that great

E.O.T.

THIS BEER

made me imagine a tight nitted group of 22 year olds hanging out at the beach and drinking this orange stuff as their intro to 'craft' beers. it was weird and, because it contained alkahole, not BAD, but not good
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Totally decent. Hoppy side, but not toooo hoppy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

SQUID WHERE ARE YOUR BEER REVIEWS?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Hey Nigel!

I've been sick so I haven't been able to drink.
(really sick)

Lagunitas is GOOD though. One of my favorite breweries.
If you get a chance try the "Lil sumpin sumpin ale". It's a red ale with a light hoppiness and smooth finish. Very well balanced.
Also the hairy eyeball. That'll knock you on your ass after a few. It's thick and dark, rich and creamy. They make a pilsner that I actually like. Very drinkable. Goes down easy, doesn't taste like ass if it goes warm.

Last time I was out I had Gordon's on tap by Oskar brewery.

Yup, they put it in a can and it's delicious. It tastes like hops flowers with a little sweetness. Not very bitter. It doesn't leave that lingering hop film on your tongue either. Very easy to have one too many. (because it's 8.7% but doesn't taste like it)
BeerAdvocate gives it an A-  and I agree.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A staple. This is actually one of my favorite "regular" beers, but I prefer it draught.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'll have to hunt for that.
I don't think I've ever seen it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's a good one from a local brewery; I don't know how widely it's distributed but it's totally ubiquitous here. I hope you're feeling better!

Sir Squid Diddimus

I wish I was.  :sad:

I've been sick for like 3 weeks. It went away for 2 days and I thought I was better, worked an 11 hour shift then it just punched my in the face and feels like it's just at a stand still. Not getting worse, not getting better.
This sucks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 04, 2010, 06:15:31 PM
I wish I was.  :sad:

I've been sick for like 3 weeks. It went away for 2 days and I thought I was better, worked an 11 hour shift then it just punched my in the face and feels like it's just at a stand still. Not getting worse, not getting better.
This sucks.

Have you been to the doctor? You shouldn't be sick for that long.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I don't have insurance so my primary care physician is the ER. I walked in on tuesday and holy crap.
That place was packed with people that all looked like they have what I have. Probably also uninsured.
So I left. I felt bad for the hospital staff.

I would pay for a walk-in but I can't afford it since I've missed so much work. They don't pay us shit when we call out.
So yeah, I'm kinda fucked.

LMNO

How is it that you work at a bank, and don't have insurance?

That seems, well, criminal.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: LMNO on March 04, 2010, 07:42:41 PM

Well I make less than 30k a year, the cost of living in my area is high and the insurance they offer is expensive, with a high deductible and doesn't cover shit.
It's garbage.

I hate this place.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 04, 2010, 07:21:14 PM
I don't have insurance so my primary care physician is the ER. I walked in on tuesday and holy crap.
That place was packed with people that all looked like they have what I have. Probably also uninsured.
So I left. I felt bad for the hospital staff.

I would pay for a walk-in but I can't afford it since I've missed so much work. They don't pay us shit when we call out.
So yeah, I'm kinda fucked.

I believe that I shall punch a teabagger this weekend.  They are having a small meeting at TEP.

"Most people that don't have insurance don't have it because they choose to not have it."
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 04, 2010, 07:56:46 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 04, 2010, 07:42:41 PM

Well I make less than 30k a year, the cost of living in my area is high and the insurance they offer is expensive, with a high deductible and doesn't cover shit.
It's garbage.

I hate this place.

That = Fucked.

Grab your husband and kids, and head North.