News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I just got a job at an alehouse in Providence that has 170 beers. :D
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

Hooray for Suu!

We will, of course, require reviews of the entire selection. 

Sir Squid Diddimus

Hooray for INCOME!
Congrats, that's awesome :)

This contraption was hooked up to a tap of Terrapin. The beer goes through the hose from the tap, into the container of hops, out another hose and into your glass.
Delicious

It surprisingly did not make the beer over hoppy. It was very smooth and not as bitter as some I've had.
The owner's wife was also there selling her little sweet goodies.
On top is a chocolate coconut cupcake, bottom left is blackberry cheesecake, bottom right is whiskey chocolate truffle. Mmmmmmmmm. She's also as sweet as can be.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Ah, that contraption is called a "Randall".

Imagine filling it with like sticky buns and then running a stout through it. A nice stout like Midnight Oil. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

God DAMN i think like a FAT GIRL.

LMNO

Quote from: Suu on April 24, 2010, 12:34:21 AM
Ewww.

If you get a chance to try anything Wachusett, I think you'll like that.

This.  LMNO-in-laws live one town over from the brewery.  All beers are well-balanced.

zarathustrasbastardson

anything michelob
preferably ultra
is simply
magnificent and
scintillates the
senses 
chaos is truth
radiate better

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 01, 2010, 03:48:59 AM
anything michelob
preferably ultra
is simply
magnificent and
scintillates the
senses 

Suu

I had a Long Point Hoptical Illusion as my IPA of the day. Very light on the hops but still packs enough of a bite. Light, refreshing and fragrant.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

-Kel-

Jasper

Oh.   My.   God.

I would commit a string of heinous felonies and even more heinous misdemeanors to have that.

BADGE OF HONOR

I spend too much time doing inventory, the most interesting part to me is the "best before" date.  Do all beers stay good for ten years or just the 32% ones?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Suu

As long as you keep it temperature regulated, chances are yes. Mainstream lagers not included since they're cold-brewed, which leads to skunky beer.

Eater of Clowns

Very nice.  I mentioned this beer on the previous page but I haven't had a chance to try it.  Let us know.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Alcohol can't be shipped to Rhode Island. :(

I can ask work about it though, since it would be through a distributor for resale.

Sir Squid Diddimus

:lulz: the tactical nuclear penguin retails for about $65 (ehem, EACH). i'll try this when i get the opportunity to for free.

And yes, some beers and barley wines can be aged. Some companies recommend you bury it in the yard for a year, for shits and giggles and to keep it temp regulated. Others will age their beer in oak barrels or whiskey barrels or sake barrels or whatever kind of barrels

Quote from: Suu on May 06, 2010, 04:28:37 AM
As long as you keep it temperature regulated, chances are yes. Mainstream lagers not included since they're cold-brewed, which leads to skunky beer.

Though lagers are cold-brewed because of the type of yeast (the bottom fermenting kind), they don't go skunky from temperature. They can get icky, but skunking is caused by light exposure. Hence the reason why good beer is in dark bottles.
Ales will take on a banana bread type flavor if they're fermented at too high a temp (usually above 75 degrees) which is really kind of weird.