News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

No. But it was the best beer I could get at the local corner liquor store.  :kingmeh:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

Had a nice red hook tonight.  It was good, and it kept me calm through Transformers 2.  Says a lot.

Richter

Quote from: Suu on July 22, 2010, 04:06:35 AM
No. But it was the best beer I could get at the local corner liquor store.  :kingmeh:

Stella was the official beer of the "HE'S GETTING A BEER!" incident.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Richter on July 22, 2010, 02:10:51 PM
Quote from: Suu on July 22, 2010, 04:06:35 AM

Stella was the official beer of the "HE'S GETTING A BEER!" incident.

We take our mediocre beer very seriously at SCA events.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Boonville's Anderson Valley Brewing Company Boont Amber Ale was teh awesomest beer I had while in the "green" valley of Mendocino last week.  Do recommend:  it's not too hoppy but still full-flavored, almost a caramel-y finish in fact, it's so smooth.  But NOT sweet.  Or too sweet, anyway.

9/10, did drink again. http://www.avbc.com/beers/boont-amber-ale/ for more details...

NWC

I ended up getting Gumballhead on my birthday, it was pretty damn good. As far as I remember at least, there was a good amount of Jager involved that night.

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on July 21, 2010, 03:36:59 AM
-Dogfish Head 90 minute

Going to grab some of this today, I found it at the grocery store.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Jenne

ALL HAIL HITACHINO!  I had never heard of this beer before, so at this Asian fusion diner place in Encinitas, I tried it.  GREAT STUFF!  Reminded me of belgian ales and the Canuckistani Blue Moon.  9/10, would drink again.

ETA:  And I mean, how fucking CUTE is the owl?  (ATTN SQUIDDY DEAR--OWL ON BOTTLE!)

Sir Squid Diddimus

I've had all of their beers.
The best is their celebration ale.

That one is quite good. If you get a chance to try the red rice ale on tap DOITFAGGOT, it's tart but delicious.

Jenne

Adios

I just had a Samuel Adams Octoberfest. A tad hoppy, but still crisp with a decent finish.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Brooklyn Brewery made an octoberfest.
I want to try it.

Suu

I had an Abita TurboDog yesterday!

Also...OKTOBERFEST IS ALMOST HERE. I'm so fucking sick of looking at Sam Summer...

Sir Squid Diddimus

TurboDog is ok. Not the best but not the worst.
Abita stuff is kinda hit or miss.

Also- I just can't get excited about Sam Adams. I'm sure it's getting increasingly better, but meh. At least they're trying though.

Adios

On a different note, with fall approaching, it will time for ice wine in about 4 months.

NWC

I just did 3 HUGE exams in 24 hours, I deserve to drink tonight! Especially as I have 9 days before my last exam. Plus, I haven't had any beer since I got back to Belgium almost 2 weeks ago!

Tonight is Tongerlo Triple, which holds a special place in my heart. It's not expensive - 3.89euros for 4 beers, which is part of the reason I love it. It's a blond beer, 9% alcohol, with a taste that reminds me of Westmalle Triple. On most days, it's just barely not as good as Westmalle, but on some days it's even better. It's not my favorite blond (which oscillates between Piraat and Malheur 10, currently Malheur 10), but it's definitely worth trying.

Allez les bonnes bières blondes pas chères!, hein?
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED