News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Millions of Screaming Yahoos, part 5.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 04, 2004, 07:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

::stunned silence::

::tears::

::then claps::

HOOO-RAAAH!

Way to go, Rev!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Bella

Whoa.
Roger, you have a gift.

You've outdone yourself this time.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Anonymous

Anonymous

or is it hear hear?Someone should get Plaidie to assasinate grammar..She is so darn quick!

illusion

Quote from: Anonymousor is it hear hear?Someone should get Plaidie to assasinate grammar..She is so darn quick!
I thought it was heir heir.

In any case, this is brilliant.

PS: You told me you were going to bed, Bella.
No cookies for you tomorrow.

Bella

Quote from: illusion
Quote from: Anonymousor is it hear hear?Someone should get Plaidie to assasinate grammar..She is so darn quick!
I thought it was heir heir.

In any case, this is brilliant.

PS: You told me you were going to bed, Bella.
No cookies for you tomorrow.
Yes, mum. :lol:
just like in a dream

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Bella? Go to bed? But she wants to stay up and play.

Bella

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCBella? Go to bed? But she wants to stay up and play.
That's right, I do want to.
And she has no business spying on me, anyway.
Makes me cranky :wink:
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomWhoa.
Roger, you have a gift.

You've outdone yourself this time.

<blush>

Da muse grabbed me.

Or I ate too many habeneros while watching the Nightline special.

Or kill me.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Or a combo of all three.

Either way, Bella's right.

The Good Reverend Roger

Follow up:

http://www.comcast.net/News/DOMESTIC//XML/1152_Cabinet/11037619-3d01-4f08-9d31-d03a89f786ef.html

Rumsfeld: Prisoner Abuse 'Un-American'  

43 minutes ago  

By ROBERT BURNS, AP Military Writer

WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on Tuesday condemned the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. soldiers as "totally unacceptable and un-American" and said the Pentagon would take all steps necessary to bring those responsible to justice.

"We're taking and will continue to take whatever steps are necessary to hold accountable those that may have violated the code of military conduct and betrayed the trust placed in them by the American people," Rumsfeld told a news conference.

Gee, Rummy, ya should have thought about that before YOU engaged in some rather un-American shit, eh?  Didn't Jefferson forbid conquest as un-American?  Why, yes, I think he did.

And "betrayed the trust placed in them by the American people"?  Pot/Kettle/Black.  STFU, Donald...nobody wants to hear your bullshit.

Meanwhile, an attorney for a military police officer being investigated in the abuse probe, said on NBC's "Today" show that the photographs of the Iraq prisoners that have inspired widespread revulsion "were obviously staged" in order to manipulate the prisoners into cooperating with intelligence officials.  "They were part of the psychological manipulation of the prisoners being interrogated," said Guy Womack, attorney for Charles A. Graner, Jr., a Greene County, Pa. corrections officer who was activated to the military in March 2003 and served at Abu Ghraib.

"It was being controlled and devised by the military intelligence community and other governmental agencies, including the CIA," Womack said. The soldiers, he said, were simply "following orders."

So was Adolf Eichmann, you simpering twit.  No excuse.

Trollax

The most disgusting thing is that the military environment by its very nature, encourages people who will do that sort of thing voluntarily, to sign up to it. Reinforces the same type of mental patterns through hazing and the masonic lodge mentality, and runs anyone who stands up against all this shit through the wringer.
You want to talk about getting to those responsible for this? You've got to kick the shit out of about 10,000 people then, maybe more.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDThe most disgusting thing is that the military environment by its very nature, encourages people who will do that sort of thing voluntarily, to sign up to it. Reinforces the same type of mental patterns through hazing and the masonic lodge mentality, and runs anyone who stands up against all this shit through the wringer.
You want to talk about getting to those responsible for this? You've got to kick the shit out of about 10,000 people then, maybe more.

Not true.  I was in the infantry for 10 years, and this type of crap would NEVER have been tolerated.

This is a BREAKDOWN in discipline, not a RESULT of discipline.

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Not true.  I was in the infantry for 10 years, and this type of crap would NEVER have been tolerated.

This is a BREAKDOWN in discipline, not a RESULT of discipline.

for some reason that conjours up this image...