PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

I JUST BOUGHT 10 LBS OF BEEF

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 04, 2009, 10:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Quote from: Cainad on February 10, 2009, 12:54:46 AM
Quote from: Green Tea on February 10, 2009, 12:06:45 AM
I'm one of those freaks who doesn't care for cheese steaks.

Weirdo.

Yeah, that's just unnatural. *shudders*
Formerly something else...

BADGE OF HONOR

I'm one of those freaks who doesn't care for cheese. 
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LMNO

Hmmm...

Doesn't like bacon, doesn't like cheese...

GENTLEMEN:  BADGER IS A SUSPECTED REPLICANT.  PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

bob-o

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on February 10, 2009, 12:06:45 AM

go to jim's steaks on south street, philadelphia. you will be changed... the aura is amazing enough, pure roadfood-style.

bob-o
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

LMNO

CHEEZE WHIZ ON CHEESESTEAKS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, it sounds strange but in my experience the worst cheesesteaks I've ever had were the ones I had in Philly.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Quote from: Dirtytime on February 11, 2009, 05:50:58 PM
yeah, it sounds strange but in my experience the worst cheesesteaks I've ever had were the ones I had in Philly.

Wow, really? Me getting a cheesesteak in Philly was the only thing worth not leveling that city with an atom bomb.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: bob-o on February 11, 2009, 04:29:42 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on February 10, 2009, 12:06:45 AM

go to jim's steaks on south street, philadelphia. you will be changed... the aura is amazing enough, pure roadfood-style.

bob-o

I know it's virtually impossible to believe that a person simply might not like sliced beef grilled with onions and served in all of its greasy splendor with cheese on a hoagie roll, but even the thought of it makes me feel sick.

:vom:

In fact, any combination of beef and cheese, in general, sounds putrid. No, I don't like cheeseburgers.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, and I hate Cheez Whiz and American cheese with a burning passion. The texture... oh god!

So yeah. Cheesesteaks. Hate 'em. Cannot be talked into liking them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Agreed on Cheez Whiz and American cheese.

You're still a weirdo in the philly cheese steak department, but that's okay. More for me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just ate a slow-cooked steak from this here cheap beef, and while it was far more tender than I expected for bottom round, and quite flavorful (bordering on gamy) it also had a distinctly muttony taste.

I am very curious about how that would happen.

BTW, my favorite steak sandwich is thin-sliced rare beef served on a French roll with onion, lettuce, tomato, and Caesar salad dressing.

Suu

Rare beef makes my colon turn to concrete.

In fact, beef in general has been doing this lately, so I had to painfully give it up.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jenne

Quote from: Chaos Sue on February 11, 2009, 09:59:45 PM
Rare beef makes my colon turn to concrete.

In fact, beef in general has been doing this lately, so I had to painfully give it up.

I sooo feel you on this.  I don't "do" beef hardly anymore.  :(

But then, I only rarely crave it (ba-dum-ching!) anyway, so it's not THAT great of a loss.

We do far too much chicken in this house as a result, so I need to REALLY brush up on those fish-cooking skills.