News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Your body

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 07, 2009, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

ok---Nigel was speaking from the heart. DK -- criticized Nigel's emotional rhetoric from an intellectual perspective.  what a prick thing to do.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: mcjof on February 12, 2009, 02:34:44 PM
I do not believe i am a meat Bag i believe my body has more of a meaning than this, i belive my body has some other use to the univerise, it is not just meant to sit about all day like a meat bag would, i believe i have a purpose...

you may not believe this, and they may think i am just some dumb religous guy and i should really go fuck myself, but this is my opion and please respect it      :)

THIS is constructive criticism.
DK has yet to say anything constructive.

LMNO

Hi there, DK.

Quote from: Dead Kennedy on February 11, 2009, 08:35:42 AM
The OP is mired in Cartesian duality and ego-identification. :boring:  I could barely keep my eyes open.

Look at the assumptions in the premise:
QuoteSo the deal is, the first thing that happens when you arrive is you get dumped into a yellowish or brownish meat-bag filled with red and white.

"When you arrive?"  Who is "you?"  Where is "you" arriving from?  For that matter, where is "you" arriving to?

"You" must be separate from the body, because "you" is dumped into a "meat-bag."  Meat-bag is clearly idiomatic Jerkass for the body.

Does "the first thing that happens when you arrive" mean that the sequence of events is

• "You" Arrives From (???) to (???)
  • "You" is abruptly dropped or falls into A Body
That would seem to imply that wherever "you" arrive to is above the body you will be dropped or fall into.

I don't really care.  You started off with the Cartesian flaw, you can't get anywhere once you allow that.  Once you embrace Cartesianism, you're talking about religion.  I can consult my own pineal gland, thank you very much.

This is a very interesting response to the original post.

The most interesting thing is that because of a choice of rhetoric, you immediately conclude that the entire post is invalid.  The problem being, of course, that the original post was not a formulation of pure logic, nor of pure philosophy.

The general point made, as far as I understand it, is:

If we can agree that there is a "mind" in humans that makes arbitrary categorical distinctions, which are then applied to the "mind's" perception of itself and its subsequent behavior in the society it inhabits, then the categorical distinctions based upon physical gender seem to be just as arbitrary, and should be recognized as such.

As you can see, the issue of Cartesian duality occurred in the language of the post, and not in the underlying intention of the post.
Now, forgive me if I presume too much DK, but it is beginning to appear that while your skill at reading a post and breaking down its language is very high, your ability to comprehend the intentions of the post are fairly low.  Perhaps it is a "missing the forest for the trees" phenomena; I cannot say.

zen_magick

So according to DK all homosexuals, lesbians, bi-sexuals. are just plain neurotic.  Somehow I just can't avoid being offended by this.  Gender is a little more complex than his black and white definition and his lack of any knowledge of feminism and queer theory is more than a little apparent.

Sorry this thread ended up pissing me off.   :argh!:
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

LMNO

Actually Z_M, he didn't even address the post. 

He decided to dismiss the post summarily due to a turn of phrase Nigel used.

Now, I'm not a master of Logical Debate as DK obviously is, but I feel this may fall under the fallacy of "Style over Substance".

DK, please correct me if I am wrong.

East Coast Hustle

I wanted to post in this fascinating and intellectually stimulating thread earlier, but I was busy getting laid.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

fomenter

Quote from: LMNO on February 12, 2009, 06:11:58 PM
Actually Z_M, he didn't even address the post. 

He decided to dismiss the post summarily due to a turn of phrase Nigel used.

Now, I'm not a master of Logical Debate as DK obviously is, but I feel this may fall under the fallacy of "Style over Substance".

DK, please correct me if I am wrong.

:lulz:
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Bu🤠ns

THIS is exactly why we love LMNO

LMNO

Quote from: Dirtytime on February 12, 2009, 06:16:13 PM
I wanted to post in this fascinating and intellectually stimulating thread earlier, but I was busy getting laid.

Clearly, ECH is the most intelligent person on the board.

East Coast Hustle

:hammer:

also, I checked out our boy DK.

turns out, he's posting from a couple miles down the street. I had gotten myself pretty excited about the idea of pooping in a bag (I ate taco bell AND curry yesterday), tracking down some pseudo-intellectual eastside twatwaffle, and "redecorating" his car and his bedroom window when the sad thought occured to me that DK doesn't drive (never got license after telling test administrator how dumb he was for not realizing that "traffic" is an emergent property of "cars" and therefore "merging" is a logical fallacy) and that his mom's basement, in fact, has no windows.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

zen_magick

The human mind wants to have a box called gender to put things in, so that everyone knows who to fight and who to fuck.  We know on an instinctual level whether we are male or female, and we seek out memes to reinforce that, to make it clear.  We build the box so that we know who to fuck, and how to judge who we fuck.   Domesticated primates want to be able to look at another domesticated primate and know whether that primate is good for fucking.

That's what gender is.  It's how domesticated primates recognize who to fuck, when to fuck, how to fuck. This is why guys who skew towards the masculine ideal-average -- men who fit easily and comfortably into the man box -- get laid more easily and more often than guys who skew towards the feminine ideal.  Meet women's expectations of what a man should be, and you're already halfway there. Fail to meet those expectations, and you'll end up in the "Not For Fucking" box.  And of course, the reverse is true.

When you attempt to prevent people from forming boxes, you end up with people going neurotic.  That's the damage

The above DK quote is what really got to me.  Sorry for being thin skinned about the whole gender issue.  I assume that DK must be a 'straight, white, male' and I used to fit into that category myself but I grew up and found life to be a little more interesting and a lot more fun.  :lulz:
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

Dysfunctional Cunt

Nigel - I liked your original post.  

My only issue with it is the actual term meat-bag and that is just me.  I say it and get this mental image of a huge bag of entrails with pieces dangling down.....

As for the rest of this thread.....

I don't like DK.  Can we shoot him?

Jasper

I think ECH just won the thread.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Dirtytime on February 12, 2009, 06:30:10 PM
:hammer:

also, I checked out our boy DK.

turns out, he's posting from a couple miles down the street. I had gotten myself pretty excited about the idea of pooping in a bag (I ate taco bell AND curry yesterday), tracking down some pseudo-intellectual eastside twatwaffle, and "redecorating" his car and his bedroom window when the sad thought occured to me that DK doesn't drive (never got license after telling test administrator how dumb he was for not realizing that "traffic" is an emergent property of "cars" and therefore "merging" is a logical fallacy) and that his mom's basement, in fact, has no windows.

<3 <3

East Coast Hustle

this guy actually pissed me off (unlike most of the second-rate trolls that try their hand here) because the two or three times he dropped his act and tried to make a valid point, he made some good ones. It's too bad he's clearly more concerned about trumpeting his own intellect loudly to himself than he is about finding common ground for discussion here.