News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

The Fat Eris Cook book

Started by Pariah, March 20, 2009, 11:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Good point, 000.  I was actually struggling to both contribute to the conversation AND put a subtle joke out.

Actual Recipe:  LMNO inspired Curry Rice

use .5 - 1 tablespoon of curry powder for each cup of rice.  Depending on taste.

In a pot large enough for your rice and extras, combine curry powder, light olive oil, and sriacha.  Mix together on low heat. 
Add rice, increase heat, and mix until coated. 
Add water (2 cups water for every 1 cut rice)
Bring to a boil, then simmer / steam.
When most of the water is cooked into the rice, add about 3 cups veggies (Fresh spinach, frozen then added works, and wilts in nicely. Peppers, onion, mushroom, squash also work.)
Cook until remaining water is gone.  Add 1/8- 1/4 cup extra water ifmore is needed to cook the veggies.

Serve on it's own with sharp cheddar cheese, or with other curries.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cramulus

Quote from: Cramulus on March 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM
What do you think would be the best way to organize this thing?

by complexity / difficulty?

Breakfast / Lunch / Snacks / Dinner / Desert?

maybe by theme? (spicy, sweet, salty, etc)

a section for each of the five Basic Elements: sweet, boom, pungent, prickle, and orange?

maybe we could pick a theme for the book like "hosting a dinner party for crazy people", and the book contains recipies, hokey activities, and some original party games?

bump for further brainstorming

I like the idea of organizing it by the Five Discordian Elements

What kind of dishes do you guys think would make sense for each of the elements?

sweet - desert?
boom - stuff you can make pretty quickly
pungent - something with a strong aroma - seafood? alcohol?
prickle - something spicy? Something difficult to eat like lobster? Something more complex (to counterpoint BOOM)?
orange - obviously something orange or that uses oranges

I'm not much of a cook, but I am a bit of an editor.

Pariah

Quote from: Richter on March 22, 2009, 02:43:05 PM
Good point, 000.  I was actually struggling to both contribute to the conversation AND put a subtle joke out.

Actual Recipe:  LMNO inspired Curry Rice

use .5 - 1 tablespoon of curry powder for each cup of rice.  Depending on taste.

In a pot large enough for your rice and extras, combine curry powder, light olive oil, and sriacha.  Mix together on low heat. 
Add rice, increase heat, and mix until coated. 
Add water (2 cups water for every 1 cut rice)
Bring to a boil, then simmer / steam.
When most of the water is cooked into the rice, add about 3 cups veggies (Fresh spinach, frozen then added works, and wilts in nicely. Peppers, onion, mushroom, squash also work.)
Cook until remaining water is gone.  Add 1/8- 1/4 cup extra water ifmore is needed to cook the veggies.

Serve on it's own with sharp cheddar cheese, or with other curries.

Okay I put this in

@Cram: Right now Im just getting them on the Pages file so I don't forget them.

Some recipes might not fit in those categories though.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Suu

I should throw in my baked ziti recipe. *burps*
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO AGENT!

::burp::

(fun fact: Richter is 3 martinis in ATM)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Quote from: Cramulus on March 22, 2009, 04:32:46 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on March 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM
What do you think would be the best way to organize this thing?

by complexity / difficulty?

Breakfast / Lunch / Snacks / Dinner / Desert?

maybe by theme? (spicy, sweet, salty, etc)

a section for each of the five Basic Elements: sweet, boom, pungent, prickle, and orange?

maybe we could pick a theme for the book like "hosting a dinner party for crazy people", and the book contains recipies, hokey activities, and some original party games?

bump for further brainstorming

I like the idea of organizing it by the Five Discordian Elements

What kind of dishes do you guys think would make sense for each of the elements?

sweet - desert?
boom - stuff you can make pretty quickly
pungent - something with a strong aroma - seafood? alcohol?
prickle - something spicy? Something difficult to eat like lobster? Something more complex (to counterpoint BOOM)?LaVey figured out and put down in short order what it took a LOT of shrinks years to agree on.  I'd give more credence to his writings and less to his church, though.  You learn a lot as a Carnie.
orange - obviously something orange or that uses oranges

I'm not much of a cook, but I am a bit of an editor.

I think the order ought to be decided once we know what recipes we've got.

Recipe:

Cut the ends off a bag of pearl onions, skin on.  Coat them in olive oil and roast them @ 375 F until they're brown.
Push the caramelized onion out of its' paper into a saute pan with an equal proportion of chopped tomatoes, and some more olive oil.  Add a touch of salt and a bit of brown sugar and simmer on low heat for a very long time, stirring occasionally.  Add some fresh chopped  basil and oregano, and some ground white pepper.  Pasta sauce.

It's basic, but basic things kick ass.

Pariah

Okay I'm going to switch to Mac to add the recipes. Thanks everbody.

Pariah

Rough draft of the cover.

Need feeback since I really didn't know where to go with this.

Jasper

It's good as is.  So many Discordian works are covered in visually painful collages IMO.

Fractalbeard

Quote from: Felix on March 23, 2009, 12:06:46 AM
It's good as is.  So many Discordian works are covered in visually painful collages IMO.

I second that. That cover just plain works.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Triple Zero

I like it a lot! I would just make the fat MSPaint Eris bigger. Probably about as big as she'd go while leaving space for the other stuff. Or perhaps about 2/3rds of that size, but bigger.

I'd also move her down, cause she is not standing on anything, and it looks like she is just floating there.

This is just some feedback, you can also leave it like it is, because it already looks quite good, and moving forward is also important.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

I'm still trying to find out what the point of calling this an "Eris" cookbook is.

Other than the 5 elements, what makes these recipies "Discordian"?

Do they cause strife? Are they mindfucks? Do they make you Think For Yourself? Will they show you the bars of your Black Iron Prison?  Are they filled with Horrormirth? 

Are they made with Lailaise?

Otherwise, isn't it just another cookbook with weak associations to some cultural phenomenon?

Cain

The cooking with Cain thread should totally be used for this.

AFK

Needs moar hotdog and apple recipes.   :argh!:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

NEEDS WHOLE SECTION ON BACON