News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Rev Roger Sermon 2: Attack of the Scumsuckers

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 28, 2003, 12:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trollax

Y.M. Hut

O Roger, where art thou when I attempt to shove the CNN rhetoric right back up the asses of the rednecks around here.

Recently, I spent about an hour of non-stop arguing (yelling) with some rather conservative fellows whom wholeheartedly supported the war.

I said something about the Iraq-Iran War and one of the pro-war guys said something to the effect of "The US funded both sides so that they would kill each other off." I found this a bit odd coming from the guy who five minutes earlier said the US deserved/needed our support. I'm still laughing about that.

I'm getting tired of fighting against this war, I can't imagine how the Iraqis feel. In fact, I'm getting tired of the States, or maybe it's I'm getting right pissed off.

If the US thinks the Mess in Iraq is bad, to quote Bachman-Turner Overdrive, "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet."
Vielleicht sollst du nicht wissen.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: khaganO Roger, where art thou when I attempt to shove the CNN rhetoric right back up the asses of the rednecks around here.

Recently, I spent about an hour of non-stop arguing (yelling) with some rather conservative fellows whom wholeheartedly supported the war.

Who?  Where?  Point me at 'em.

Nothing like wartard for breakfast.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

livid E. T.

wartard for breakfast is quite good.

I'm glad I get my fix every morning at school.  I even go out of my way to find new wartards by wearing shirts like 'Red, White, and Brainwashed. - Class of Baghdad 2004' They find it funny that my last name is France.

Spoon E. Gee

wartard.... haha.... why cant somebody let me in on all these puns sooner?.... Im always the last to know anything....

so how many of you actually have plans to go to Canada if this draft crap becomes reality?
damn my sig is still out of date....

Y.M. Hut

Come on up, but if you're looking for a province without its head shoved straight up its ass, stay away from Alberta.
Vielleicht sollst du nicht wissen.

Slarti

Lord Trout

I think I'm safe, at least unless all hell really breaks loose, since I'm only 18 months away from exceeding the draft age limit. They don't want a 34 year-old with bad knees and falling arches anyway!
Well, shit.

Spoon E. Gee

whats that thing when yer physically unfit to serve?  4F ?  I'd prolly be that.... I'm 6'2" and weigh 98 lbs.....

but actually I have plans to go to Canada anyway now.... and not cuz of the war....
damn my sig is still out of date....

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerWHO CAN TURN OFF THE ROGER DEVICE?

"So free we seem, so fettered fast we are!"
--Robert Browning

"One should never put on one's best trousers to go out to battle for freedom and truth."
--Henrik Isben

"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular."
--Adlai Stevenson

Brothers and Sisters, Uncle Sam needs you!  He needs you not for some foriegn adventure, but instead to throw out the cheap hustlers that have poisoned the American Dream.  The cheap hustlers who have dragged through the mud that which Abraham Lincoln called, "The last, best hope of mankind"; the same cheap hustlers that have led us to a ruinous war that is leeching away our young, and what's left of the treasury.

In short, cheap hustlers like Donald Rumsfelt, Tom Ridge, John Ashcroft, and of course, GW Bush.

The current "leadership" has taken us from peace and prosperity, to bankruptcy and war, in just two short years.  They have appointed more felons (from DUI to fraud artists to SEC violators) than Warren G. Harding.  They have taken us from a surplus to $300 BILLION in deficit (this year, and that doesn't even count the cost of this war).

They promised to bring "integrity" to the Whitehouse, and yet have proven themselves to be bigger liars than Richard Nixon.  The truth is NOT in GW Bush, for he is a fool and a liar.

Bush also managed to hire John Ashcroft, who has proven to be a cross between Adolf Hitler and Lester Maddox.  Ashcroft has drafted the PATRIOT Act, and gotten it passed.  He has drafted the even more odious PATRIOT II Act (which allows nice things like secret arrests) and it looks like IT may pass.  No more fun, kids...EVER.

The war is not going well, and there is already rumbling about reinstating the draft.  A resolution to do this is currently in committee in the house.

Are you ready for that?  Are you ready to go to Iraq and get dumped into a hell-broth of urban combat (the soldier's worst nightmare), snipers, and suicide bombers?  All for the glory of Halliburton (which, coincidentally pays Cheney $1 million a year in "deferred compensation" and of which Cheney owns more than $10 million in stock), who just "happened to get the Iraq oilfields contract (what a suprise).

No?  Well tough turds, kids!  Because they ARE going to draft you, and you WILL have to go overseas to fight for an oil company's profit margin...and the shareholders will not care whether you live or die.

Unless...

<End Transmission>

Author's note:

It could, and DID get even worse.  Before too long, we'll be missing "the good old days" of Ridge and Ashcroft.  Just saying.

Cain

Gonzales is good fun "torturing prisoners is aboslutely fine George"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ScribeGonzales is good fun "torturing prisoners is aboslutely fine George"

Wait til you get a load of the new DHS director.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: ScribeGonzales is good fun "torturing prisoners is aboslutely fine George"

Wait til you get a load of the new DHS director.

Do you have any names yet?