News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Science & Religion

Started by Honey, May 25, 2009, 03:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arafelis

"OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness." - The Good Reverend Roger

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Honey

Quote from: Kai on June 18, 2009, 01:11:25 PM
I'd dissagree with Einstein's bolded statement if it is indeed about biological evolution. There's no inferior or superior in evolutionary biology. Whatever works, is more the doctrine. Heh, "god plays dice".

I dunno if he was speaking about biological evolution?  Where my mind went with it (in the context of the book) was that he was speaking about the evolution of ideas.  Karl Popper once said, "Life is not a clock, it is a cloud."  Chaos is everywhere.  Including here.  I also got (dunno if I read this somewhere or dreamt it) "To measure is not the same as understanding."
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell