Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Book club planning thread and suggestions

Started by Cain, July 08, 2009, 07:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuquad

Quote from: LMNO on July 09, 2009, 07:53:40 PM
Please note the "modify" button...
I didn't see anything I wanted to change.

Modified to change something I wanted to change.

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

fomenter

Quote from: LMNO on July 09, 2009, 08:02:21 PM
OK.  If someone can point me to a copy of "Poker Without Cards," I nominate that as our fist book.

All in favor?

ok by me

links to download?
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Elder Iptuous

agreed.
link-o and i'm thar....
all hail, Big Man LMNO....

LMNO

:news:

Book club cancelled due to lack of torrents.

LMNO

LMNO

To formalize this, and to give it the 2-week treatment, I suggest we begin talking about it on Monday, July 27.

All in favor?

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

QuoteThere were eight books inside. As I examined each one I tried to figure out who had selected each book.
I wasable to puzzle out a little over half of them.       Suave was easy, he had put in 'Rules of the Game' by Neil Strauss,
which actually explained a lot of the success I'd seen him have with women. Ego was also simple, “Frogs Into Princes”
was her choice, and after a little digging on the Internet I found out it was a core book of something called neuro-linguistic
programming which had something to do with psychology and self-help. I figured Brush had put in Hunter S. Thompson's
'Where the Buffalo Roam' since we'd talked about our mutual respect for the journalist and how tragic we thought his death was.
Magus was also easy, as the book in the bag was the same one he'd been clutching the entire night, 'Book IV', an occult classic
from Allister Crowley. The last I was able to puzzle out was 'Ethics for a New Millennium,' a book about morality written by the Dalai Lama,
which I easily associated with Chun-li.

There were three books that I had trouble placing: Isaac Asimov's 'The Foundation', Michael Talbot's 'The Holographic Universe'
and 'Prometheus Rising' by Robert Anton Wilson. All I had left were Doc, Metamind and Hackx. I was fairly sure Wilson's book wasn't
from Hackx, but either Metamind or Doc would be easy candidates for any of the three books. I figured Hackx added either
Asimov's sci-fi classic or the seemingly more scientific 'The Holographic Universe'.
       I ended up reading 'Frogs Into Princes' that night

why i think this should be the first one, and not just cause the author is from ohio
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

LMNO

You realize there's 8 books listed in the quote, right?

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: noise maker on July 09, 2009, 08:28:15 PM
why i think this should be the first one, and not just cause the author is from ohio

too late buck-o....
already reading the book about poker.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

the last yatto

PoWC it is then... :P
brb, calling wip to ask if he can buy a copy from amazon

Quote from: LMNO on July 09, 2009, 08:32:46 PM
You realize there's 8 books listed in the quote, right?
yes thats the fun part of the storyline. be basically is introducted to a group of like minded individuals 
and in order to "join" he has to read those 8 books,

I stopped, then added, “And I don't think that last week I could have answered so quickly and perfectly to each point you made in sequence.”
      “That's probably because you've raised your IQ a few points from reading that specific series of books."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

This sounds like a good idea, but I can't make any promises of participation. I have a tendency to stop reading things as soon as I'm requested to.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Corvidia

Quote from: Rumwolf on July 09, 2009, 02:07:43 PM
Also, I'd like to suggest My Immortal  :lol:
SECONDED! 44 chapters of pure horrormirth.

Poker Without Cards looks pretty short. And pretty good.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.