Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Been An Error There Has!

Started by ~, July 14, 2009, 04:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~

Been An Error There Has!

Kai

I'd love to have one of those for my old SNES roms.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Requia ☣

it doesn't look like it has enough buttons to do snes or capcom arcade games.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Richter

L+R out of sight, I hope.  I have nigthmare about trying to beat "Super Metroid" w/o those for easier diagonal firing
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Kai

Quote from: Richter on July 14, 2009, 06:36:37 PM
L+R out of sight, I hope.  I have nigthmare about trying to beat "Super Metroid" w/o those for easier diagonal firing

:x

I'd finally finish FF4, FF6 and Chrono Trigger.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Requia ☣

Hmm, does it have state saving and a hex editor so that i can cheat relentlessly?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Richter

Running the latest stabnle version of Snes9x in Windows 95 / XP Home, I've never had any crashes.  Just the occasional weirdness tweakign the music into operation. 
And yes, hex cheating.

Quote from: Broken AI on July 14, 2009, 07:55:53 PM
Its got four face buttons and two shoulder buttons, although they are kinda inset and look in an awkward place compared to a psp.

That looks like enough for street fighter to me like.

QuoteI have nigthmare about trying to beat "Super Metroid" w/o those for easier diagonal firing

Now my wife .... heheh .. never did notice the diagonal fire thing and got stuck on the service robot for ... three years ...

hehehe

Never managed to finish ff6 either, although the damn roms usually crash about half way through ..  :argh!:

I sympathize with some parts of that damn game.  That damn wonderful game.  I got stuck for a week learning to wall - jump.  When I got the space jump later on in, I jsut about deleted the thing out of frustration.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Kai

Quote from: Broken AI on July 14, 2009, 09:31:56 PM
nah I'm not saying snes9x crashes, the ff6 rom ALWAYS crashes at the same place. I don't think any of the dumps on the interbuts were done correctly.

How about using the original japanese rom with the new (better) english translation?

Kai

Richter

Quote from: Kai on July 14, 2009, 09:43:26 PM
nah I'm not saying snes9x crashes, the ff6 rom ALWAYS crashes at the same place. I don't think any of the dumps on the interbuts were done correctly.

How about using the original japanese rom with the new (better) english translation?

Is this the translation that took out such priceless lines as "don't tease the octopus, kids!", and "Son of a submariner!"?

Kai

Quote from: Richter on July 15, 2009, 04:14:20 AM
Quote from: Kai on July 14, 2009, 09:43:26 PM

Is this the translation that took out such priceless lines as "don't tease the octopus, kids!", and "Son of a submariner!"?

Probably. The overall translation is truer to the original though.

If anyone plans on playing FF4, using the new translation is the ONLY way I'd suggest playing it. The whole story was somewhat dark in the NA release, but the original dialogue was much darker, and much more complete, plus many things were uncensored.

Kai

Soylent Green

I have decided to buy a dingoo, as they look awesome.

But where did you find one for $75? The cheapest I can find is $83.

And how long did it take for yours to ship?

Soylent Green

Quote from: BAI on December 19, 2009, 04:01:52 AM
they were here for 75 but they've gone up ? http://www.hkofferhouse.com/items/other/no-stock/ds536-detail.htm to 79.

Mine took about a week and a half. I guess I should have paid for more faster shipping.

Also, avoid the ones at thinkgeek atm, as their current batch have defective memory. If you need any help with it or roms or owt, let me know :)

Is it the same for all the sellers right now or just thinkgeek?

And for ~$20 I can wait a week or two for shipping lol...

Soylent Green

Ah, I've found out what the deal is: There is appearently a slightly newer version without a paw on the back that has some memory problems, and, though most of the emulators have been fixed where this problem doesn't matter, a lot of dingoo sellers have the dingoo backordered (I was wondering why you can't buy it at the site you gave me).

The bug is most likely the reason, but oh well.

Guess I'll just have to wait slightly longer to get mine.