News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

It's mah birfday...

Started by Dimocritus, July 31, 2009, 03:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Dimo1138 on August 05, 2009, 04:49:47 PM
:sad:  Nobody pays attention to me...
I said I wouldn't feed you any more, but I lied.

If you start contributing anything positive to any discussions, anywhere, instead of the "pischew pischew" noises and other fappery, then I may take you seriously. Troll, alt, or not.

I am aware that this may be more of a disincentive.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 05, 2009, 04:58:56 PM
I said I wouldn't feed you any more, but I lied.

If you start contributing anything positive to any discussions, anywhere, instead of the "pischew pischew" noises and other fappery, then I may take you seriously. Troll, alt, or not.

I am aware that this may be more of a disincentive.

isnt that the pot calling the kettle black?

LMNO

Stop being pedantic.

That's obviously the spork calling the fireplace a fagbasket.

Iason Ouabache

I stopped following this thread about 10 pages back. Is there any reason for me to read any of this crap?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

Yes.  For the novelty of anti-Scots bigotry which seems to mostly complain about Scottish bigotry.

And for the science.

Sir Squid Diddimus

No Iason.
Unless you like owls.

Nice panties
            \

AFK

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 05, 2009, 05:10:05 PM
I stopped following this thread about 10 pages back. Is there any reason for me to read any of this crap?

I dunno, I haven't even bothered with the first 10.  All I know is this is where FP learned his word of the day. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 05, 2009, 04:13:12 PM
No, it escalated - in part - because he was a troll-alt without any intention of giving a real answer, but instead just creating noise and drawing me into his troll. In part because I'm susceptible to that. In part because everyone else on this thread is just as susceptible to that.

So as long as you try to single me out as the root cause of this, I'll continue to defend myself.

you were the root cause of this because you are a prick and if you hadnt posted ITT this would not have happened.

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 05, 2009, 03:37:49 PM
And it's not a "fictionpuss label of quality", don't ever get the idea that maybe you're such a unique little snowflake. This has absolutely nothing to do with your name your avatar or your person, but everything with your behaviour. Which is 169% identical to any other n00b, the kind we get about once every month, that thinks they're so smart, and so right, and do not know when to just fucking shut the fuck up.
Granted. Which in turn... leads people to ignore threads because I put my label on them by responding to them.
[/quote]

you must be so proud of yourself.

QuoteBut to take your scientific construct seriously for one moment, it can be invalidated by the simple experiment of not throwing shit at me. You and I have had interesting discussions on other threads. Maybe I didn't add much value - after all I am a newbie. But you know that I was being earnest.

oh sure, but it seems to take vey little prodding to turn you into prick-modus.

less prodding than the average ambient prodding-level that is present in every thread on PD that every poster is subject to.

so don't think you're singled out, it's you that has a problem, not our treatment of you.

QuoteAnd there is no other thread on this entire forum where I have been the first to throw shit. Sure, it can be fun. But I find interesting discussions _more_ fun.

except this thead. if your first and second post aren't throwing shit, surely your third is.

oh and I recall your very first chainmail thread, but I'd have to look that up to see if you really were the first.

there may be more examples.

QuoteAnd maybe you don't _want_ to engage in any real discussion with me. Fine - that's your right. But don't pretend that there's anything scientific or objective about your reasons.

actually there is. engaging in real discussion with you might be possible, but because of PD being what it is, and you being the prick that you are, it is impossible to carry on such a discussion for very long until it turns into a shit flinging fest.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Cain on August 05, 2009, 05:12:33 PM
Yes.  For the novelty of anti-Scots bigotry which seems to mostly complain about Scottish bigotry.

And for the science.
What anti-Scottish bigotry? My statement to the effect that many Scottish people enjoy getting drunk and talking shit about the English is science. I didn't see any argument against that.

It's racism with a thin veneer of social acceptance, and I hold that society partly responsible for the hate and violence which ensues.

I honestly don't see what is objectionable about any of this.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Why is this still going on?!?
                 \

Fictionpuss is Wade. It could only be Wade. He's just too fucking stupid  :wade:

That or he's a fucking racist kiddy fiddler and he's getting really pissy cause we're blowing his cover.
Guess who's my "special friend" today.
Go ahead, GUESS.

I like you Wade. It's o.k. Don't worry about what the others think. I mean, sure you're a creep and you need a foam helmet, but that's just one of the many things that makes YOU special.

Messier Undertree

Quote from: Squid on August 05, 2009, 05:23:38 PMThat or he's a fucking racist kiddy fiddler and he's getting really pissy cause we're blowing his cover.

Seconding this theory.

Messier Undertree

Also, he's English, which puts him just above pedophiles and Hitler on the evil scale.

Fuquad

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 05, 2009, 01:53:32 PM
Quote from: ( ´_ゝ`) on August 05, 2009, 10:25:00 AM
And I explained that I would sometimes experience violence after just opening my mouth for the first time, before I'd had time to communicate my dickishness.

Body language and facial expressions are also ways to convey dickishness.

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 05, 2009, 05:17:59 PM
No, it escalated - in part - because he was a troll-alt without any intention of giving a real answer, but instead just creating noise and drawing me into his troll. In part because I'm susceptible to that. In part because everyone else on this thread is just as susceptible to that.

So as long as you try to single me out as the root cause of this, I'll continue to defend myself.

you were the root cause of this because you are a prick and if you hadnt posted ITT this would not have happened.
No, he would have simply kept trying harder until he fish hooked someone else who was harder to troll.

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 05, 2009, 03:37:49 PM
And it's not a "fictionpuss label of quality", don't ever get the idea that maybe you're such a unique little snowflake. This has absolutely nothing to do with your name your avatar or your person, but everything with your behaviour. Which is 169% identical to any other n00b, the kind we get about once every month, that thinks they're so smart, and so right, and do not know when to just fucking shut the fuck up.
Granted. Which in turn... leads people to ignore threads because I put my label on them by responding to them.

you must be so proud of yourself.
No. I think it's a shitty situation. I don't think I'm responsible for it, either, although I will cop to causing it.

QuoteBut to take your scientific construct seriously for one moment, it can be invalidated by the simple experiment of not throwing shit at me. You and I have had interesting discussions on other threads. Maybe I didn't add much value - after all I am a newbie. But you know that I was being earnest.

oh sure, but it seems to take vey little prodding to turn you into prick-modus.

less prodding than the average ambient prodding-level that is present in every thread on PD that every poster is subject to.
Everyone else is freaking out but me. I'm calmly responding to points as they are raised. Somehow, as if to balance this out, you feel need to paint my actions as being overly prickish.

I can take the prodding, and I welcome it. But this is your shitstorm, not mine.

QuoteAnd there is no other thread on this entire forum where I have been the first to throw shit. Sure, it can be fun. But I find interesting discussions _more_ fun.

except this thead. if your first and second post aren't throwing shit, surely your third is.
1) He asked for critical opinion on his writing, I told him that I had read some of it but that I didn't find it very coherent, and because of this I wasn't motivated to read more. I wasn't sucking his ass, but I wasn't throwing shit either. By engaging him, I gave him the opportunity to convince me to read more, but I made it clear that I wasn't going to go out of my way to do so.

2) I was offering friendly advice as the troll was getting into an altercation with squid, and I naively thought I could save him some owl-based-grief.

3) Reiterating the second post, trying to make the contrast more clear since he didn't seem to be getting it. Because he was only trolling. I was not flinging shit at him when I asked him what his censorship policy was, because I didn't think he had thought it through, and thus was just going to keep digging a deeper hole for himself.

oh and I recall your very first chainmail thread, but I'd have to look that up to see if you really were the first.
I can't be arsed looking it up either. I was "asking for it" in that thread though, as has already been established - so even if someone else threw shit at me first, the fact that I was begging for it does not bolster my argument.

QuoteAnd maybe you don't _want_ to engage in any real discussion with me. Fine - that's your right. But don't pretend that there's anything scientific or objective about your reasons.

actually there is. engaging in real discussion with you might be possible, but because of PD being what it is, and you being the prick that you are, it is impossible to carry on such a discussion for very long until it turns into a shit flinging fest.
Well. I'm going to be trying to avoid shit-flinging a bit harder in the future. So I'll guess we'll see. In a years time I'm sure this will all look very different, and TGRR will probably bump it just to remind us that we're all shit-flinging monkeys. Or maybe just me. I won't pretend to understand his motivations.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: ( ´_ゝ`) on August 05, 2009, 05:32:03 PM
Also, he's English, which puts him just above pedophiles and Hitler on the evil scale.
Nice try, but I don't see this as being anti-English, so I'm not going to bite.