News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Why is Discordia Irrelevant in the Year 2009?

Started by Cramulus, August 18, 2009, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 21, 2009, 12:01:16 PM
Discordia is irrelevant in 2009 because "batshit insane" has gone mainstream.  People are perfectly okay with being used as puppets by oil companies and health insurance corporations.  As long as they get to fight the evil black men and the wise Latinas, they're cool with it.  Why bother thinking for yourself? 

Stop hating Americaâ„¢, you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: [uV*] on August 21, 2009, 08:15:24 AM
I haven't ever read anything of his. I read about the word on the Internets and thought it was a useful addition to my vocabulary.
BUT NOW YOU HATERS RUINED IT
I AM TRAUMATIZED FOREVER
YOU FUCKERS
OH THE PAIN
BAAAWWW
etc.

He was a virulent racist, too.  Google "Farnham's Freehold".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: [uV*] on August 21, 2009, 04:57:45 PM
GROKKING IS NOW THE NEW UNCOOL
okay!

It was NEVER cool.  Unless by "cool", you mean "the Analog Magazine booth at science fiction conventions."

Epimetheus

Quote from: Wikipedia on Farnham's FreeholdAs the novel develops, the family finds itself marooned in a distant future where a decadent but technologically advanced black Muslim culture keeps either uneducated or castrated whites as slaves.
:horrormirth:
QuoteSome have argued that the portrayal of the black ruling caste as cannibalistic, polygynous tyrants with a preference for Caucasian women utilizes most of the available racist stereotypes about Africans and African-Americans. Another interpretation posits that the cannibalism and sexual predation of the dark-skinned masters is allegorical, representing the way that black slaves were historically taken advantage of by their masters.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Epimetheus on August 21, 2009, 05:26:23 PM
Quote from: Wikipedia on Farnham's FreeholdAs the novel develops, the family finds itself marooned in a distant future where a decadent but technologically advanced black Muslim culture keeps either uneducated or castrated whites as slaves.
:horrormirth:
QuoteSome have argued that the portrayal of the black ruling caste as cannibalistic, polygynous tyrants with a preference for Caucasian women utilizes most of the available racist stereotypes about Africans and African-Americans. Another interpretation posits that the cannibalism and sexual predation of the dark-skinned masters is allegorical, representing the way that black slaves were historically taken advantage of by their masters.

The Good Reverend Roger:  Killing your idols.

nurbldoff

Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

Requia ☣

I don't remember any cannibals  :?  Been a long time though.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Epimetheus

Well, his Martians were cannibals...Maybe he meant to write about Martians and the whole black Muslims thing was one big Freudian slip?
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

StoneCrowUK

i think we should start churches throughout the world and then hold amazing parties at them *members only* encouraging a huge sign up of wackos, quickly distributing our beleifs and making the world a better place one hangover at a time?

bad idea?   :aaa:

Initialising...
Disabling logic...
Enabling Lurk-Mode

Unayko

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Butterfly Nagelov

was discodia ever relevant? if so fore wholm?

I afree that realty, likre reasluyt vt showsr havre masde if hard to make funm of realty, I feeeel sorty for realithy.

We are whnat we are, relveanbt or not. sinced wehne does it mastter to discordiands if we ore ourt religion iare relvant or not?

fomenter

Quote from: Butterfly Nagelov on August 29, 2009, 06:51:05 PM

I afree that realty, likre reasluyt vt showsr havre masde if hard to make funm of realty, I feeeel sorty for realithy.

We are whnat we are, relveanbt or not. sinced wehne does it mastter to discordiands if we ore ourt religion iare relvant or not?

you registered on March 08, 2009, lurked for almost 6 months and still thought this would be a good first post  :argh!:
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Butterfly Nagelov

Quote from: fomenter on August 29, 2009, 06:56:31 PM
Quote from: Butterfly Nagelov on August 29, 2009, 06:51:05 PM

you registered on March 08, 2009, lurked for almost 6 months and still thought this would be a good first post  :argh!:

me/ points at selkj
DISOCORDIAN!!!!!