News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Howard Dean for BELGIUM!

Started by NWC, August 19, 2009, 01:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWC

Ok, so a little backstory. I've lived in a university town in Belgium for 11 months now, and in all that time, I've only met 1 other American. I've gone to all of the English speaking events, and I always say something when I hear a native accent in English(which is pretty uncommon here), and all I've met are Irish, Scottish, and Canadians, except one guy who was visiting someone, who I met in an English pub. The closest thing I've heard to my accent here was a guy from Columbia(who went to middle school in English and probably watches alot of American movies).

So I'm walking home from the store just now and I see I guy on a bike, passing slowly in front of me to go down a twisty ramp thing. On the back of his shirt it says "Want our country back?", and I think to myself, "oh that looks American". Then on the front in huge letters: "HOWARD DEAN FOR AMERICA"

I was too shocked to say anything, though I would have liked to. First of all, no one has worn a Howard Dean shirt in America for at least 4 years(to my knowledge), but here?

This part belongs in the OP board, but as a tangent to this I thought it would be great to wear political shirts that don't make much sense, mostly in America(no one wears shirts of the politicians here, most people don't know who they are). I was thinking along the lines of "Ban Ki-Moon for Surgeon General!"

anyway, the Howard Dean shirt just fucked with my head, I had to share
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

LMNO

Apparently, when they have a surplus that no one will ever buy, some T-Shirt companies dump them into foreign markets where no one there has much of an idea what they mean.

For example, I believe that there are thousands of T-shirts in Nicaragua that read "PATRIOTS: 19-0!"

http://www.good.is/post/pats_19-0_in_nicaragua/

I mean, what are they gonna do, just throw them away?

NWC

Interesting, nice link. But I don't think that's the case here. Like I said, Belgians don't often know who their politicians are, but tons of them follow American politics. Just not usually... American politics from 2004.

I still want a Ban Ki-Moon tshirt

Cain

To be fair, if I was in Belgium, I'd follow anyone elses politics obsessively, too.

Even Luxembourg.

NWC

:lulz:

it's better than watching frog eyes and dr. bowtie argue about n'importe quoi

vs.

Payne

Triple Zero

Quote from: Payne on August 19, 2009, 05:01:55 PM
Quote from: NWC on August 19, 2009, 03:45:47 PM

Someone or something has already taken him...

he looks like Syn, no? except with more and grayer hair
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Payne

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 19, 2009, 05:29:04 PM
Quote from: Payne on August 19, 2009, 05:01:55 PM
Quote from: NWC on August 19, 2009, 03:45:47 PM

Someone or something has already taken him...

he looks like Syn, no? except with more and grayer hair

What it makes me think of is those really bad car accidents that total the front of a car, so they (illegally) weld the front of a rear-ly totalled car in it's place.

Yeah.

NWC

I think frog eyes could take dr. bowtie in a battle, but only cos dr. bowtie looks like a pussy. I think frog eyes is half inhuman.

and may I remind you guys, these two are two of the most prominent politicians in Belgium.

Payne

Quote from: NWC on August 20, 2009, 12:52:55 AM
I think frog eyes could take dr. bowtie in a battle, but only cos dr. bowtie looks like a pussy. I think frog eyes is half inhuman.

and may I remind you guys, these two are two of the most prominent politicians in Belgium.

Dunno man. Plenty of hard assed but weedy looking bowtie wearers out there. Brother Mouzone, for example. And a number of Bonds and Bond villains.

Fuck, now I want a bowtie.