News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Hal Turner, FBI Agent?

Started by Iason Ouabache, August 21, 2009, 09:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/08/lawyer-fbi-paid-right-wing-blogger-charged-with-threats/

QuoteA notorious New Jersey hate blogger charged in June with threatening to kill judges and lawmakers was secretly an FBI "agent provocateur" paid to disseminate right-wing rhetoric, his attorney said Wednesday.

Hal Turner, the blogger and radio personality, remains jailed pending charges over his recent online rants, which prosecutors claim amounted to an invitation for someone to kill Connecticut lawmakers and Chicago federal appeals court judges.

But behind the scenes the reformed white supremacist was holding clandestine meetings with FBI agents who taught him how to spew hate "without crossing the line," according to his lawyer, Michael Orozco.

"Almost everything was at the behest of the Federal Bureau of Investigation," Orozco said in a 45-minute telephone interview from New Jersey. "Their job was to pick up information on the responses of what he was saying and see where that led them. It was an interesting dynamic on what he was being asked to do."

"He's a devoted American," added the lawyer, who claims Turner was paid "tens of thousands of dollars" for his service.

Bill Carter, an FBI spokesman, said in a telephone interview the bureau's policy is "to neither confirm nor deny whether an individual has an association with the FBI."

Turner's alleged 5-year-long bureau stint ended sometime in 2007, Orozco said, the year the mischievous online group, Anonymous, briefly shuttered his site — turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com — with a denial of service attack. At the time, hackers also posted what appeared to be private e-mails between Turner and the FBI.

The e-mails are legitimate, said Orozco. The FBI approached Turner, now 47, in 2002, and he spewed rhetoric about politics, white supremacy, immigration, abortion and other hot-button issues for years in exchange for government cash.

What are the chance that he is making all of this up get out of a sentence? Why would the FBI intentionally stir up the right wing crazies?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

"Neither confirm nor deny" = "Yeah, we did it.  Fuck you."   :lulz:

This is awesome.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Captain Utopia

Is anyone here _not_ a paid collaborator with some clandestine agency seeking to perform sociological experiments?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 21, 2009, 03:03:11 PM
Is anyone here _not_ a paid collaborator with some clandestine agency seeking to perform sociological experiments?

Yeah.  You can trust me.   :)

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Elder Iptuous

i'd heard this on the conspiracy boards for several years now.  (in fact, that was the way i heard about the guy) The only people that i noticed would deny it were stormfront types...

Requia ☣

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 21, 2009, 09:03:52 AM
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/08/lawyer-fbi-paid-right-wing-blogger-charged-with-threats/

QuoteA notorious New Jersey hate blogger charged in June with threatening to kill judges and lawmakers was secretly an FBI "agent provocateur" paid to disseminate right-wing rhetoric, his attorney said Wednesday.

Hal Turner, the blogger and radio personality, remains jailed pending charges over his recent online rants, which prosecutors claim amounted to an invitation for someone to kill Connecticut lawmakers and Chicago federal appeals court judges.

But behind the scenes the reformed white supremacist was holding clandestine meetings with FBI agents who taught him how to spew hate "without crossing the line," according to his lawyer, Michael Orozco.

"Almost everything was at the behest of the Federal Bureau of Investigation," Orozco said in a 45-minute telephone interview from New Jersey. "Their job was to pick up information on the responses of what he was saying and see where that led them. It was an interesting dynamic on what he was being asked to do."

"He's a devoted American," added the lawyer, who claims Turner was paid "tens of thousands of dollars" for his service.

Bill Carter, an FBI spokesman, said in a telephone interview the bureau's policy is "to neither confirm nor deny whether an individual has an association with the FBI."

Turner's alleged 5-year-long bureau stint ended sometime in 2007, Orozco said, the year the mischievous online group, Anonymous, briefly shuttered his site — turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com — with a denial of service attack. At the time, hackers also posted what appeared to be private e-mails between Turner and the FBI.

The e-mails are legitimate, said Orozco. The FBI approached Turner, now 47, in 2002, and he spewed rhetoric about politics, white supremacy, immigration, abortion and other hot-button issues for years in exchange for government cash.

What are the chance that he is making all of this up get out of a sentence? Why would the FBI intentionally stir up the right wing crazies?

Miserable failure then.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Captain Utopia

In my optimistic fashion, I rather hope governmental agencies are doing this in a broader sense. As more people go online to cultivate their idiocies and lunacies, taking shelter and strength from being amongst similar minds... organised and purposeful trolling seems like the last barrier or defence against society falling victim to its own stupidity in an unprecedented scale.

Lies

8)

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Requia ☣

Nope.

The whole site is an experiment to see what happens when everyone is being payed by the gov to cause havoc in the counter culture, but without knowing about the others.  (unless you were hired by the NSA, I had nothing to do with that).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on August 21, 2009, 03:25:21 PM
i'd heard this on the conspiracy boards for several years now.  (in fact, that was the way i heard about the guy) The only people that i noticed would deny it were stormfront types...

I bet your Nazi pals at GIM are pissed.

Captain Utopia

What are the chance that he is making all of this up get out of a sentence?
I don't see how it could get him out of a sentence. Also, if you've got some petty cash floating around and some co-conspirators, how difficult would it be to pretend to be from the FBI, especially if your target was already someone delusional?

Why would the FBI intentionally stir up the right wing crazies?
A good reason would be similar to why one might troll pagans for practice - to learn which techniques work and which don't. When your purview is information control and dissemination, it would be irresponsible not to learn how to use the internet as a medium.

Cain

I would say I'm shocked only, um, I'm uh, not.

Alot of "FBI provocateurs" were the ringleaders of alleged terrorist cells during the Bush administration too.  Usually the rest of the guys would be somewhat pious but otherwise alright Muslims who considered the provocateur their "crazy friend", up until the point they got charged while doing some sightseeing, or driving past anything vaugely important looking.

Requia ☣

I can think of a few reasons to screw with the far right if I'm a shady government agent.

Plant an 'extremist' who downplays the use of violence.

Have somebody in place the crazies are already listening to if you decide to screw with them some other way later.

Keep track of who pays attention to the plant.

Increase the profile of the targets in order to get support for going after them.

Cain

That said, I may just be being cynical because I've recently been reading a lot about false-flag ops, from a theoretical perspective.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2009, 03:43:59 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on August 21, 2009, 03:25:21 PM

I bet your Nazi pals at GIM are pissed.

Why are you still talking to me?
seriously, you and I have precisely zero to talk about.
:wink: