News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Life Dyed in Dichotomy

Started by AFK, September 04, 2009, 02:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

One of the most curious yet disgusting things about existing as a human being is, well, existing as a human being.  It is an existence that is rewarding yet repulsive.  It has moments of wonder and moments of wonder-how-we-all-manage-to-be-alive.  Flashes of brilliance and thuds of fucking fail. 

From afar, humanity seems to be one of the worst experiments the Earth has come up with yet.  We've multiplied to a population of 6 Billion or so, we fight over the stupidest shit imaginable and kill each other for it, we live where it is fucking cold and where you can fry an egg on a turtle shell.  We're too stupid to figure out how to co-exist, yet, to procreate all we need to figure out is how to insert peg A into slot B.  Any fucking moron can do that.  And that's just the problem, too many fucking morons fucking.  Fuck! 

But then, we have family.  You walk around, drive around, work around vast stretches of humanity, and it makes you want to puke blood while laughing uncontrollably.  But then, when you come home to family and hang out with good friends, our humanity has value and is important to our social needs.  You see the screaming yahoos on TV hollaring at a poor crippled Democrat about Death Panels and wish the worst possible fate to befall the entire human race.  But then your daughter comes in and asks you to go outside and play catch with her.  In an instant, the preciousness of humanity presents its smiling, and innocent face. 

It is quite the emotional and mental predicament.  Simultaneously wishing the worst and best for our species.  Seeing the genuine assets of our kind while being repulsed by the seemingly innate propensity to act like classless tools.  It is a predicament rife with frustration.  And I am often reminded of The Sermon on Ethics and Love from the Principia:

Quote"I am filled with fear and tormented with terrible visions of pain. Everywhere people are hurting one another, the planet is rampant with injustices, whole societies plunder groups of their own people, mothers imprison sons, children perish while brothers war. O, woe."

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH THAT, IF IT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?

"But nobody wants it! Everybody hates it."

OH. WELL, THEN STOP.

At which moment She turned herself into an aspirin commercial and left The Polyfather stranded alone with his species.

So many times when I see our kind act like insipid fools, fighting over stupid shit, climbing to new heights of utter and sheer failure, I feel stranded.  Not alone, but with far too few.

Far too few to stand up to, and withstand, what feels like an ocean of instinctual and perpetual bullshit behavior. 

And of course I know that I, nor those close to me, are perfect.  It isn't as though we are somehow above or apart from all of this.  And that is yet another part of the dichotomy.  Knowing that you, yourself, while disgusted by the dark and sullied side of humanity, you are also prone to those weaknesses. 

The effort is to somehow tread water above the fray while trying to find patches of calm and serene to have an enjoyable swim. 

To be able to frolic in the wake of others. 

To be able to breathe, while drowning. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

:mittens:

it does bring to mind the image of the ying/yang

a hodge in every podge and podge in every hodge

Richter

Reminds me of something, "I love humanity, but I can't STAND people."
It really highlights the disconnect between people we know in our immediate circles and those we don't.  Seems like there's allot of depersonalization stemming from jsut that lack of familiarity (aptly designed word). 
In practice, once we get past the "idiot masses" veneer, I wonder what percentage of people we actually COULDN'T tolerate.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Richter on September 04, 2009, 05:01:32 PM

Reminds me of something, "I love humanity, but I can't STAND people."
It really highlights the disconnect between people we know in our immediate circles and those we don't.  Seems like there's allot of depersonalization stemming from jsut that lack of familiarity (aptly designed word). 
In practice, once we get past the "idiot masses" veneer, I wonder what percentage of people we actually COULDN'T tolerate.

fukin SPOT ON, Richter, mate, fukin A!.

RWHN,  nice work also...

AFK

Thanks.  It's been brewing in my head for awhile.  I don't rant as often as I used to, but every know and again something is belched out. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

I feel the same way so often.  Great rant!  Belched or not!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

We are the cancer of this world. We are the wolves of our brothers. Muzzled wolves. So the weak still survive. (Now we eat yoghurt with conservatives thru a straw, thru our muzzle). The natural selection which showed itself thru who survived, now its expressed economically. But its not the strong and the smart that are at the top of the hierarchy - its merely the lucky and unscrupulous ones now.

It's all a big tragic comedy, and i cant help but feel a certain kind of loving disdain.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner