News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

List of reason not to take yourself/ the world to seriously

Started by glorfon, October 10, 2009, 12:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glorfon

Let's compose a list of reasons why you shouldn't take yourself/the world to seriously.  I might make this into a post if it gets good.
1. You once climbed headfirst out of a woman's vagina. (from XKCD)
2. You are full of shit, piss, and vomit.
D. You loose consciousness for an average of a third of each day.
4. There are more bacteria cells in your body than you cells.

Add your own!

Requia ☣

Your brain is basically the same at a rats, only grown to a ridiculous size
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Remington

Your body has 10 times as many bacteria cells as human cells.

Therefore, you are only 10% human.
Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sir Remington III on October 11, 2009, 06:13:03 AM

Mathematically speaking, wouldn't that make us 9.09% human?

Anyway, since all of the cells in our bodies make up our entirety, doesn't that make the bacteria cells "naturalized" human cells? They are still part of us, and we would die without them. The human DNA is more like the nucleus or the framework of what we are built out of, and the bacteria that also comprise our beings are just as vital to our humanity.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Quote from: Nigel on October 11, 2009, 11:48:31 PM
Quote from: Sir Remington III on October 11, 2009, 06:13:03 AM

Mathematically speaking, wouldn't that make us 9.09% human?

Anyway, since all of the cells in our bodies make up our entirety, doesn't that make the bacteria cells "naturalized" human cells? They are still part of us, and we would die without them. The human DNA is more like the nucleus or the framework of what we are built out of, and the bacteria that also comprise our beings are just as vital to our humanity.

This. Absofuckinglutely this.

And further, if you want to be THAT mystic (and I do, oh how I do).
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 11, 2009, 01:22:37 AM

For a very superficial definition of "basically". In the same sense, your DNA is basically the same as that of a potatoe.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 12, 2009, 01:10:36 PM

For a very superficial definition of "basically". In the same sense, your DNA is basically the same as that of a potatoe.

:lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Dan Quayle?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 12, 2009, 07:30:09 PM

Dan Quayle?

Among other Nobel Peace Prize winners......

The Good Reverend Roger

God I'm so fucking old.    :sad:

I shoulda known nobody would get the reference.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 12, 2009, 07:38:00 PM
Shaddap and take your Geritol.

Then I get too excited, and hobble around hooting unintelligible things from between my toothless gums.

TGRR,
Uses a foreign orphan as a walker.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 12, 2009, 07:36:17 PM
God I'm so fucking old.    :sad:

I shoulda known nobody would get the reference.

I got it, but I am old too so...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 12, 2009, 07:30:09 PM

Dan Quayle?

Was he Dutch too? That explains everything.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Your genetics are the result of the combination of a random selection of half of the chromosomes of one partner and the complement from the other (not counting doubled-chromosomes and mutations). Neither one of your parents (nor both as a group) influenced you as much as the arbitrary interactions you had or observed with arbitrary people and things. Most of your base personality was set when you were an infant too young to speak, and a large chunk was set before you could even crawl. A good amount of the rest was probably generated by advertisers, between children's television, periodicals, and schools (which are typically happy for money and equipment from corporations who like to print logos on things). Your interests are largely determined by your peer group, which is largely determined by your location and those personality traits you got as an infant. Your love life, likewise, is largely determined by your peer group and your infancy, and those first few attempts were probably modeled off of television and film romances. So, your whole life thus far was largely determined by random chromosome swapping, the coincidence of proximity, television, advertising, and ambient noise and visuals you encountered as an infant.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.