News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

Cloudy with a chance of Snowe

Started by AFK, October 13, 2009, 06:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Senator Olympia Snowe from Maine says she will vote for the "Baucus Bill". 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33290417/ns/politics-health_care_reform/

QuoteWASHINGTON - A Republican senator says she will vote for a Democratic health care bill, breaking with her party on President Barack Obama's top legislative item.

Sen. Olympia Snowe kept virtually all of Washington guessing how she would vote until she announced it late in the Senate Finance Committee debate Tuesday. Until then, she told reporters, she had not even let Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat, in on her secret.

She told her colleagues: "When history calls, history calls" even though she had some criticism of the bill.

Too bad so much of the farm had to be given away for this one vote. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Love it.

Olympia Snowe is great.  She is the arch-traitor, if you listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, and that little freak Beck.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 13, 2009, 06:35:40 PM
Love it.

Olympia Snowe is great.  She is the arch-traitor, if you listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, and that little RAPIST* Beck.

*Allegedly.

AFK

And here's what Fox News readers have to say about Snowe:

QuoteOlympia Snowe how can this B@#$%RTGHE%TU be called a republican?! This is the clearly the most left wing bs in the history of this country. What a spineless pig I use to like Maine now I do not. ALL YOUR FAULT SNOWE FLAKE

QuoteOlympia Snowe... YOU ARE HISTORY. Please start packing your stuff and head back to Main. I am so disappointed. GOD BLESS AMERICA

QuoteSenator Snowe, Just join Spector on the other side of the aisle. You would be more honest than pretending to be something other than a big government Democrat.

QuoteOlympia Snowe is a disgrace and embarrassment to the Republican Party and the FREE people of America. She is a fascist in a GOP mask. My friends, how can you get free market from a fascist? Simply put, you cannot!

QuoteIt's quite clear by now... Olympia Snowe votes repeatedly (that means over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again) if not always with Senate Democrats. So, once the Republicans up there in Maine realize that THEIR voting for Olympia Snowe is really a vote for Democrats and Democratic policies, then and only then will THEIR vote actually mean something.

Umm, no dumbass!  Maine is a centrist state.  A right-winger will get clobbered running against Snowe in a primary.  Just as all of the lefties who run against her in the general electino get their asses handed to them.  Read up a little more on Maine politics.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Snowe is going to get purged.

One way or another.  Nothing less than complete ideological purity, comrades fellow Real Americans.

Iason Ouabache

Someone want to tell me why anyone should give a fuck about how Snowe votes on this?  No offense, I'm sure she is a fine lady, but did the Democrats somehow forget that they have 60 senators on their side?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 13, 2009, 08:13:34 PM
Someone want to tell me why anyone should give a fuck about how Snowe votes on this?  No offense, I'm sure she is a fine lady, but did the Democrats somehow forget that they have 60 senators on their side?

The dems got addicted to kissing GOP ass.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 13, 2009, 08:13:34 PM

Some Blue Dogs won't vote the party line, probably.

Requia ☣

Dunno about the Senate, but in the house whats his face from Utah (our only democrat), is refusing healthcare reform.

Hatch would probably support a single payer system, but only if it included no reforms meant to combat price.  His loyalty to big pharma beats everything else.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

Isn't the Baucus Bill the "pay for insurance or go to prison" bill anyway?

LMNO

Cain

And if you can't pay that fine....?

Because lets face it, there is a correlation between people without money, people without health insurance and people hit hardest in a recession.

LMNO

Not that I'm defending the bill, but there are subsidies for certain income levels, with that in mind.

It will be very interesting to see what will happen around tax season if this passes.  I'm sure the news cycle will have a freaking anurysm.

Requia ☣

Only 5% of Americans will qualify for the subsidy to my understanding.  Given that much more than 5% have no income at all...
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 13, 2009, 08:40:52 PM
Not that I'm defending the bill, but there are subsidies for certain income levels, with that in mind.

Not the point.