News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Warning: Do not let a 6 year old hijack your hot-air ballon

Started by Iason Ouabache, October 15, 2009, 08:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=8837675

QuoteA 6-year-old boy climbed into a homemade balloon aircraft and floated away Thursday, forcing officials to scramble to figure out how to rescue the boy as he hurled through the air.

The bizarre scene played out live on television and prompted fears that the flying saucer-shaped balloon would crash with the young child inside. FAA spokesman Mike Fergus says the agency has been notified and it was unclear whether traffic controllers had picked it up on radar.

Larimer County sheriff's spokeswoman Eloise Campanella says the device has the potential to rise to 10,000 feet. Sheriff's officials last saw the device floating south of Milliken, which is about 40 miles north of Denver.

"We were sitting eating, out looking where they normally shoot off hot air balloons. My husband said he saw something. It went over our rooftop. Then we saw the big round balloonish thing, it was spinning," said neighbor Lisa Eklund.

I feel bad for laughing at this but it is just too goddamn hilarious to keep in.   :lulz:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Da6s

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 15, 2009, 08:07:49 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=8837675

QuoteA 6-year-old boy climbed into a homemade balloon aircraft and floated away Thursday, forcing officials to scramble to figure out how to rescue the boy as he hurled through the air.

The bizarre scene played out live on television and prompted fears that the flying saucer-shaped balloon would crash with the young child inside. FAA spokesman Mike Fergus says the agency has been notified and it was unclear whether traffic controllers had picked it up on radar.

Larimer County sheriff's spokeswoman Eloise Campanella says the device has the potential to rise to 10,000 feet. Sheriff's officials last saw the device floating south of Milliken, which is about 40 miles north of Denver.

"We were sitting eating, out looking where they normally shoot off hot air balloons. My husband said he saw something. It went over our rooftop. Then we saw the big round balloonish thing, it was spinning," said neighbor Lisa Eklund.

I feel bad for laughing at this but it is just too goddamn hilarious to keep in.   :lulz:

You beat me to it you bastard!!!  :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

LMNO

Iason Ouabache

\

Jenne

TEeeeheeeheheheee.  I only laugh because this ended well.  If it ended it tragedy, my reaction would not be so sanguine.  But it's like baby's day out or something.

Jenne

Dang...just noticed it hasn't ended yet...or has it?  I can't look it up at the moment.

Da6s

Quote from: Jenne on October 15, 2009, 08:29:04 PM
Dang...just noticed it hasn't ended yet...or has it?  I can't look it up at the moment.

He's still in the air, they're trying to launch high altitude helicopters in an attempt to get the balloon.

You can laugh because it makes all those kids trapped in wells look like emo bitches.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Jenne

Quote from: Da6s on October 15, 2009, 08:36:23 PM

He's still in the air, they're trying to launch high altitude helicopters in an attempt to get the balloon.

You can laugh because it makes all those kids trapped in wells look like emo bitches.

...K...guess there's THAT...

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: LMNO on October 15, 2009, 08:09:58 PM
Someone's reading the same newsfeed...

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=22565.msg765253#msg765253
Yeah, it's this really really big newfeed called Twitter. ;)

Dang...just noticed it hasn't ended yet...or has it?  I can't look it up at the moment.
He's still up in the air. Here's a video feed from a helicopter that is chasing him.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/18205848/index.html
    \

Jenne

the balloon is down--looks like the kid is not found yet, though... :(  ...eta:  or what they found wasn't good.  goddammit.

Jenne

Yeah...crime scene tape.  Jesus.  Well, this is horrific.

LMNO

Jenne

:(  Welllll, I thought it was all over when I originally posted...didn't realize they boy hadn't landed yet.  This definitely sucks ass...meh.

La Terrorista

I'm thinking the kid was never in there in the first place.

But seriously, do you people who watched this intently also watch Faces of Death? I couldn't sit there and watch this while it was happening and I still thought the boy was in there.

Da6s

I wasn't watching, merely reading, and mainly just to see the media lose it's freaking mind over balloonboy.

In all honesty, here's what i think happened: Obnoxious little shit releases mommy and daddy's expensive science balloon (for kicks of course). Balloon floats away, kid realizes he's an obnoxious little shit and hides.

Now the cops get to play hide and seek with him.