News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Hardcover

Started by Hangshai, December 24, 2009, 06:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangshai

All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

Nast

I wish I had a habit to kick so that I can come through the journey of self-determination and discovery with some extra cash to blow.

The closest thing I have to a vice is Kathy Griffin.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Lies

Quote from: Hangshai on December 26, 2009, 06:13:49 AM
Ever since I quit doing drugs I've had a lot more money to spend on stupid shit like books and parts for my copmuter, etc.

What a co-incidence, I need money FOR drugs. So please send $500 to my account. No questions asked.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm a little freaked out that it's going for $2700 on Alibris.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

But I guess my main question is, is there any reason you couldn't just buy the softcover version off Syn? It's the exact same thing in paperback.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

ITS MY HARDBACK YOU CANT HAVE IT!!!
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cramulus

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 26, 2009, 07:59:46 AM
I'm a little freaked out that it's going for $2700 on Alibris.

WHAT how do I get in on this? We are talking about Syn's hardcover version right? Well he did have copyrights trouble with the publisher and it is indeed the most pretty edition of the PD.

BUT

even though I like having it on my bookshelves, I don't $2700-like having it on my bookshelves so yeah no I totally would not mind parting with it for $2700 -- unelss the price can go even higher :-P
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Pariah

Do you really need a hardcover?
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Hangshai

Im not telling you whee, but I have found 3 copies for 250 bucks.  I also found some Uk copies for about a 100 pound sterling, not including overseas shipping however much that would be.  I also didnt want to mention the 2000 dollar copy.  I bet the asshole talking shit when I was offering 250 is going to stay quiet now...  I would buy all 3 copies for 250 if I had the money right now, but, alas, I can only afford one.  And, I just WANT it.  Jesus, hasnt anyone here ever WANTED anything before?
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

Pariah

Hate to be a dick or anything but

SPITTERING SHIT FUCK
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SPEND 250 FUCKING DOLLARS FOR  2 PIECES OF FUCKING CARDBOARD
WHAT DOES THAT ADD TO YOUR EXPERIENCE?

The only practical reason I could see was durability. But really if you have 250 dollars to throw around if one goddamn paperback is bent you could buy at the current price about 12 more copies.

However if you're really reallly hardset on having a hardcover copy just have some patience and wait a while for a new edition to come out.

Hangshai

Cramulus, thank you for the link, it is much appreciated...  Now does anyone know an eta for the new edition, or is that something thats just bound to happen sometime soon?  And, I will still buy a 5th edition hardcover if anyone wants to sell...  I think the last one was 5th ed, right?  Paperbacks are ok, Nigel, you had asked about that... 

Hangshai

Pariah-
Yeah,  dude.  Really.  I have NOTHING to spend my money on.  I dont do drugs, Im not into buying I-whatevers, I really dont mind paying money for a book.  Seriously, doesnt anyone collect things anymore?  I mean when books go out of print they attain value.  Plus, having a hardcover book is just fucking cool.  I like books.  Shit, Im not getting upset, just a little frustrated, I mean, I understand you dont think its worth it or whatever, but Im not stessing on money.  Its not like my dogs(closest i have to kids) are going to go hungry if I buy a fucking book for a hundred or two.  and I didnt think there was another version coming out.  All the sites I found were out of stock.  So I figured shit, might as well get a copy while I can, if its out of print.  Now that I know that a new version is coming, I GUESS I can wait...  Not very long though.

Anyway, I still think its interesting that of all the people that said I am stupid for wanting to buy the book at whatever price didnt want to make soem quick cash by selling THEIR copy.

Pariah

Maybe I overreacted. There's something that just seems so intensely wrong about wasting $250 on a hardcover of any book let alone the PD

Hangshai

I know.  At first I thought maybe it was a gag.  Like someone HERE posted that listing, just because its out of print.  I'm still not sure that's NOT the case, so, I'm a little apprehensive at making the order.  But, yeah.  I reread my post and it sounded kinda pissy, but, yeah, its cool man...  Its just money, right?  What I wouldnt give for that 1st edition they found in the JFK library...  I think its only one of 5 known copies, right?