News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Magic: Who thinks they can do it, and why otherwise intelligent people buy it.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 29, 2009, 08:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on January 11, 2010, 07:34:04 PM

An idiot is going to believe all sorts of stupid stuff about pretty much anything you put in front of them. Doesn't invalidate the significance of the thing they misunderstood from the outset. Plus it potentially makes the idiot more obvious, since they're likely to be wearing really dumb looking shit and talking inane, pseudo mystiqual bollix. Win-win in my book.

However, having a go at people who you should by now realise aren't these sorts of idiots, on the strength of what the idiots get up to seems a bit harsh IMO.

Like pointing and saying "ha, ha, you like dumb shit". I don't point and laugh at you for claiming to read a book just because most of the books currently being read are fucking Harry Potter and the Twilight series, do I?

THIS.

And I thought I would never agree with Pent about anything.

Even though he's hawt.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Faust

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 11, 2010, 07:21:50 PM
Quote from: Faust on January 11, 2010, 03:06:14 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 11, 2010, 03:00:03 PM
Quote from: Faust on January 11, 2010, 02:53:45 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 11, 2010, 02:43:53 PM
Quote from: Faust on January 11, 2010, 02:43:06 PM
shut up, go to bed.

Oh for fuck's sake, the wallpaper has something to say.

You make a lot of posts but its rare that you ever say anything. I actively ignore this place whenever I am busy, call me wallpaper if you want.

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 11, 2010, 02:44:51 PM
Faust, I have a compliment for you. You are a pretty thing.

Go to bed.

Oh, did the pretty thing wake up for a moment?
not really, keeping it civil drunken wench, for your benefit.

Oh really?

Does the bouquet think he's a match for me?

Do you want to find out, pretty thing?

I would enjoy pinning you.
Try it, try anything, lets see you do anything other then get hysterical. I'm calling you out, can you do anything other then throw a hissy fit?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Nast

I'm currently lying on my death bed, surrounded by concerned friends and relatives, and as I strain to whisper my final words, I cough up blood daintily onto the lacy handkerchief I hold and pass from this world of mud and tears.

All because of this thread.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

Aw, fuck.

I think I'm gonna take a break.  I'm not watching two of the smartest people I know beat the shit out of each other for no fucking reason.

Will someone let me know when this shit is over?  drhowl123@yahoo.com

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

NotPublished

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, I'm not done yet.

I'm gonna make a prediction.  Faust and Nigel, who have been friends for a couple of years, will now enter a pissing contest in which things will be said that can't be unsaid, and things won't ever be quite the same between them again.

Because neither one knows how to stop without feeling like the beta monkey.

Ook.

TGRR,
Knows you CAN actually just stop.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2010, 09:59:29 PM
Okay, I'm not done yet.

I'm gonna make a prediction.  Faust and Nigel, who have been friends for a couple of years, will now enter a pissing contest in which things will be said that can't be unsaid, and things won't ever be quite the same between them again.

Because neither one knows how to stop without feeling like the beta monkey.

Ook.

TGRR,
Knows you CAN actually just stop.

Good prediction, did you read that in the Tarot?!  :wink:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

NotPublished