News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

It's fucking 2010

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, January 04, 2010, 03:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The energy thing is a pretty big way in which we're clearly not entirely in the future yet.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

I love dicking around the internets; I wouldn't have it any other way. But in some other cases I'm a bit disappointed about how archaic we really are.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Hangshai

Quote from: Remington on January 04, 2010, 06:01:02 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on January 04, 2010, 04:00:27 PM
IT'S 2010, WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE LASER BEAMS?

I EXPECTED WAY MORE LASERS.
You just have to take the right college courses.

All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

Rumckle

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 04, 2010, 09:21:16 PM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on January 04, 2010, 08:50:26 PM
Personally, I sort of like the idea of self cloning. Having a six-pack of clones like in Paranoia. Death would stop being such a scary concept if you could just clone yourself a new one. Now you'd just be afraid of a painful death.

The key to that is mind transference, which is quite a bit harder. We've cloned all sorts of things successfully; we have, however, only recently simulated the brain of a cat (or attempted to, and not even all of the brain of a cat). Cloning as a technology is a lot more advanced than mind transference, and if you had mind transference, you could do without cloning at all -- just put your mind on the internet. Make seven back up copies, and load them into robots upon your death. Build an android that looks like you but has six times the strength and seven telescoping vibrating glow in the dark penises with built in can-openers, and then jack into it when you're bored.

Just create a teleportation machine that doesn't kill the original.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Hangshai on February 02, 2010, 11:24:31 PM
Quote from: Remington on January 04, 2010, 06:01:02 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on January 04, 2010, 04:00:27 PM
IT'S 2010, WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE LASER BEAMS?

I EXPECTED WAY MORE LASERS.
You just have to take the right college courses.

And more htoys as well.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 04, 2010, 05:13:49 PM
I seriously want teleportation.

No you don't.

TGRR,
Can think of no end of really, really nasty applications for teleportation.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 22, 2010, 06:07:05 PM

No you don't.

TGRR,

That's precisely why I want it.  No-one else, just me.

Armchair assassinations, bank robberies and holidaying would be so much easier.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 22, 2010, 06:10:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 22, 2010, 06:07:05 PM

No you don't.

TGRR,

That's precisely why I want it.  No-one else, just me.

Armchair assassinations, bank robberies and holidaying would be so much easier.

Sheriff Joe could just beam smudgy people into orbit around Mars, sans spacesuit, and nobody would ever know.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Indeed.

That is why only I should be allowed to have one.  I'm the only person trustworthy enough.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 22, 2010, 06:54:30 PM
Indeed.

That is why only I should be allowed to have one.  I'm the only person trustworthy enough.

I can't argue that.  I know I can't be trusted with one.  I'd be the terror of Calvinist churches all over the Southwest.

Adios

Shouldn't we solve hunger and stuff like that first?

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 22, 2010, 06:57:30 PM
Shouldn't we solve hunger and stuff like that first?

I usually just eat a cheeseburger or something. That seems to take care of the problem.

ECH,
visionary
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"