My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Bristol Palin is now a political consultant

Started by Cain, January 05, 2010, 06:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2010, 10:44:01 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 08, 2010, 02:36:37 PM
You say that now, but wait until you see her pontificating on ABC news about foreign policy, and being taken seriously.

This.  Meghan McCain was bad enough, and she at least seems to be vaguely intelligent.

Is it just me, or is America becoming more and more an aristocracy by the day?  Media, PR, politics, intelligence, corporations...all seem to be recruiting based more on blood ties than ability.

Welcome to the entire history of North America.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2010, 10:44:01 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 08, 2010, 02:36:37 PM
You say that now, but wait until you see her pontificating on ABC news about foreign policy, and being taken seriously.

This.  Meghan McCain was bad enough, and she at least seems to be vaguely intelligent.

Is it just me, or is America becoming more and more an aristocracy by the day?  Media, PR, politics, intelligence, corporations...all seem to be recruiting based more on blood ties than ability.

Do you recall the WOMP Cramulus made some months back...

Some egyptian sphinx on the background and a pyramid, and on the "front" and lower part of the image, riot police with "VOTE" stickers on their shields, and i dont remember what else...

Aristocracies have always existed and will exist, only the form they incarnate in is what changes.

And no, things "aren't better" from what it was 20,000 years ago from the class-struggle perspective; our only solace is technology making everyones life better.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

QuoteAristocracies have always existed

No they haven't.  So please spare me the jaded cynicism on a subject you clearly haven't bothered to learn about.

Jasper

Quote from: JohNyx on January 09, 2010, 04:21:09 AM
And no, things "aren't better" from what it was 20,000 years ago from the class-struggle perspective; our only solace is technology making everyones life better.

You're so right, because 20,000 years ago the human race had a class system that is in any way recognizable or comparable to what we have now, and it's just as bad!  :lulz:

Hint:  Recorded history does not extend 20000 years into the past.

The Johnny

I messed up my timeline; from 2,600 B.C. on.

Call them  pharaohs, tyrants, emperors, kings, politicians or transnational companies.

A group of people, associated by different means, hoarding privileges.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner