News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Electronic Music

Started by Dalek, January 08, 2010, 04:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

This is an interesting site, showing the history of electronic music along with samples http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

The Good Reverend Roger

That's not dubstep , is it?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

CAN I HAZ BREAKBEAT INVENTORZ?

Iason Ouabache

Fuck him for badmouthing Downbeat and Trip-Hop!  :argh!:

Also, there is a music genre called "Stupid House"?   :lulz:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

He didn't have terribly nice things to say about one of the earliest genres either, the 70s ambient stuff.  And yeah, a few of them did rip off Pink Floyd, but Tangerine Dream was pretty original imo. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

-Kel-

100 stupid beats per minute

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 08, 2010, 04:54:13 PM

it's a pretty cool site where some guy made a big "family tree" of all sorts of electronic music subgenres, including short samples examples, and then generously added his own personal opinion on those genres.

and LMNO yes IIRC there is a pretty good explanation on the origin of the breakbeat somewhere in there, including samples from "Funky Drummer", "Amen Brother" and Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band "Apache".
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 09, 2010, 01:03:35 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 08, 2010, 04:54:13 PM

it's a pretty cool site where some guy made a big "family tree" of all sorts of electronic music subgenres, including short samples examples, and then generously added his own personal opinion on those genres.

and LMNO yes IIRC there is a pretty good explanation on the origin of the breakbeat somewhere in there, including samples from "Funky Drummer", "Amen Brother" and Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band "Apache".

Oh, okay.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Johnny

He was wise to include speedcore.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner