News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

About Chaos, and the illusions of Order and Disorder

Started by Cainad (dec.), January 10, 2010, 09:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotPublished

I wouldn't say desperately unhappy. Some monkies discovered Endorphines
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

hooplala

Before the big bang there was nothing.  Nothing in it's truest sense: NO THING.  Not even empty space.  Empty space is, by definition, something.  Now there is a lot of something, but that something is filled with mostly nothing.

Please forgive me if I am repeating what someone else already said, I only read the last page of this thread recently.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

NotPublished

Nast

In the beginning there was nothing

And then that nothing EXPLODED.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

NotPublished

The poor thing ... Who wouldn't be pissed if they were exploded? Explains the agony

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

NotPublished

hooplala

Quote from: NotPublished on January 20, 2010, 09:51:21 PM
As far as I'm aware, I'm a Russian experiment

Yeah, it's working, I drool whenever I read your posts.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

NotPublished

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Xila31 on January 20, 2010, 04:41:07 PM
I see.

Since you consider the nothingness as a something (i.e. "Space" the place or whatever,) then this argument does not make sense to you. Whereas I consider the blank empty spots as empty nothingness, the oposite of a thing. So, it just comes down to how you look at it.  :mrgreen:

As for 2, see, I told you I wasn't a physacist.  :)

Space may not have anything in it, but it is measurable.  According to the big bang theory prior to the big bang not only was there not any stuff there, there wasn't any space either, no time either. 
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

NotPublished

Couldn't we just say the boil from TGGR's rage exploded but the explosion contained too much anger so it exploded into several mini=explosions which gave birth to what we know as the angry universe (Which is really some hormonal teenager) and it said "Fuck this" and tried to suicide but failed and that resulted in life as we know it.

Thats an easier big-bang atleast

BabylonHoruv

You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Telarus

Quote from: Hoopla on January 20, 2010, 09:32:45 PM
Before the big bang there was nothing.  Nothing in it's truest sense: NO THING.  Not even empty space.  Empty space is, by definition, something.  Now there is a lot of something, but that something is filled with mostly nothing.

Please forgive me if I am repeating what someone else already said, I only read the last page of this thread recently.

I spent 2 days quoting and crafting a long reply about Eris and her grandmother KAOS, and strange mythological greek cyclic inheritance (see Jupiter, KAOS' grandson, end his family strife) and quoting a bunch of groundless ground, gateless gate, contextless context Taoist spaggotry (and how chaos can serve as it's own context)... but my browser crashed and I lost it all. It pretty much just boils down to the above.

Except, reality's still chaos half a second ago. Before you laid all those grids and filtered it through your monkey senses. The screaming Void. The mystery of all Mysteries.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2010, 07:10:44 PMThe nature of the universe is self-evident.

It's a huge, cold empty place, with the occasional - or at least one - algae covered rock.  On this rock live monkeys.  The monkeys act really dumb a lot of the time, but sometimes they find time for better behavior, and make friends.  The universe then punishes the monkeys via their own bad wiring, and they part ways, and go back to being desperately unhappy. 

The End.

Damn Roger, that is depressing :(

You know there are equally positive formulations of the nature of the universe?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.