News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, February 05, 2010, 12:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

So I'm new to RPGs in general (as in I have never played one) and I want to start a character that requires as little knowledge as possible when it comes to the rules. Or if possible, a class that starts out being very simple to use and gradually becomes more complicated, so that I'd have to learn. Does anyone have any suggestions?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: CAPTAIN CHAOS on February 20, 2010, 06:33:27 PM
So I'm new to RPGs in general (as in I have never played one) and I want to start a character that requires as little knowledge as possible when it comes to the rules. Or if possible, a class that starts out being very simple to use and gradually becomes more complicated, so that I'd have to learn. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Fighter.
Molon Lube

President Television

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 20, 2010, 06:35:45 PM
Quote from: CAPTAIN CHAOS on February 20, 2010, 06:33:27 PM

Fighter.

I figured something along those lines.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 20, 2010, 08:12:47 PM
what would be the easiest magic using class please?

I'm gonna say Cleric. Anyone have a different opinion?

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Freeky

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 20, 2010, 08:12:47 PM
what would be the easiest magic using class please?

I'd say sorcerer, because its spontaneous casting and that means you don't have to worry about how many of which spell to memorize, like most of the other spellcasters do.

Cain

Sorceror is by far the easiest spellcasting class for a beginner.

However, we already have two sorcerors in the party, while we only have one high competency melee class (the ranger).  We could really do with another melee class, like a fighter, paladin or barbarian to balance things out.  Especially since our ranger isn't exactly a tank, either.

President Television

Quote from: Cain on February 21, 2010, 10:31:39 PM
Sorceror is by far the easiest spellcasting class for a beginner.

However, we already have two sorcerors in the party, while we only have one high competency melee class (the ranger).  We could really do with another melee class, like a fighter, paladin or barbarian to balance things out.  Especially since our ranger isn't exactly a tank, either.

It's settled, then. I'm going fighter.

Freeky

The count stands at 1 fighter, 1 ranger, 1 rogue, 1 cleric, 2 sorcerers.

Shai Hulud

Hey are you guys still accepting party members?  I'd sure like to play!  I'm happy to take whatever class would be good to balance out the party, sounds like a paladin might do the trick.

Freeky

Shai Hulud

Awesome!  I'm excited, and currently reading through this whole thread right now.

I'm very glad that we aren't playing 4th ed.  God, the new rules suck so much, it's like they institutionalized power gaming. :horrormirth:

Freeky

Quote from: Guy Incognito on February 22, 2010, 02:36:32 AM
Awesome!  I'm excited, and currently reading through this whole thread right now.

I'm very glad that we aren't playing 4th ed.  God, the new rules suck so much, it's like they institutionalized power gaming. :horrormirth:

Exactly!! This may take a few to get off the ground (still waiting on a few people to get me their character sheets  :argh!: ) And now that the party is so big I'll have to figure out something else, because the campaign I was thinking just will not work with so many people.  :sad:

President Television

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 22, 2010, 02:38:42 AM
Exactly!! This may take a few to get off the ground (still waiting on a few people to get me their character sheets  :argh!: )

I'd better get to work on this. :oops: