News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Mad Science Terminological refference

Started by Richter, February 18, 2010, 05:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Clearing a few thigns up for the everyone else.

1. "Mad Science", "Science!", "Mad Scientist", etc. - We're really talking about enthusiastic research, and freelance, if not improvisational engineering.  This point has been made before, likely in XKCD. 

2. "Destroy the world!" - Unless we've got planet crackers, nukes, atmosphere burners, etc., on hand, likely we're not ACTUALLY going too destroy the WHOLE world.  We likely want to change things in a very speedy, and uncertain way.  Before you get all James Bond and decide to charge off and stop us, please consider that no one is celebrated for saving the world.  It's SUPPOSED to be saved.  You'll be thanked once and shuffled off home, at best.  At worst, you'll be living Jack Bauer's recurring serious of REALLY awful days.  Letting things go down and watchign everythign re-settle will be much more worthwhile, we promise. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Doktor Howl

I'm kind of actually wanting to destroy the world.  :sad:

It's the only way to get all the humans.
Molon Lube

Richter

I've got ideas for that, actually.  Thump a supercaldera REALLY hard.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on February 18, 2010, 06:24:36 PM

Yellowstone is nice this time of year, I gather.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 18, 2010, 06:25:45 PM
Quote from: Richter on February 18, 2010, 06:24:36 PM

Yellowstone is nice this time of year, I gather.

Record numbers of quake swarms from what i've heard, too.
and getting closer to the surface!

That bitch is absolutely pining to be penetrated!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on February 18, 2010, 06:41:54 PM

You need to stop getting your news at GIM/GLP.  I have yet to find a reputable source for that.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 18, 2010, 06:49:01 PM

You need to stop getting your news at GIM/GLP.  I have yet to find a reputable source for that.

you mean i bought all that toilet paper and bottled water for nothing?!
fuck.
:lol:

I just like acting as a vector for spreading apocalyptic rumors... you can understand that, right?  :)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on February 18, 2010, 06:52:40 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 18, 2010, 06:49:01 PM

you mean i bought all that toilet paper and bottled water for nothing?!
fuck.
:lol:

I just like acting as a vector for spreading apocalyptic rumors... you can understand that, right?  :)

Ah, gotcha.  I should get into that more often.

It's just that you're tainted by GIM. :lol:
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Yeah, well.  a common refrain around that place is, 'i came to learn about gold, and stuck around for the crazy'... it fits...

also i have to take umbrage with you saying that i am a frequenter of GLP, as that is a COINTELPRO CIA front that i will have nothing to do with.  GIM told me so...  :wink:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on February 18, 2010, 06:57:16 PM
Yeah, well.  a common refrain around that place is, 'i came to learn about gold, and stuck around for the crazy'... it fits...

also i have to take umbrage with you saying that i am a frequenter of GLP, as that is a COINTELPRO CIA front that i will have nothing to do with.  GIM told me so...  :wink:

As far as I can see, it was "I came to learn about gold, and stuck around to shout about the JOOOOOOOOOOOZ!"
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 18, 2010, 06:58:57 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on February 18, 2010, 06:57:16 PM

As far as I can see, it was "I came to learn about gold, and stuck around to shout about the JOOOOOOOOOOOZ!"

Yeah, the nazi influx waxes and wanes.  right now we're getting a relative breather...  at the time you poked around there was a good number of them all frothy.

I need to make an alt on there that is openly jewish, and get a good repetoir of insults, with a victimized tone to them so that i might not activate the 'no personal attacks' rule....
what's the phrase from the nazi prop? "he strikes you as he cries out", or something? i might be able to take a few down with me before getting banned as an instigator...

Rococo Modem Basilisk

There *are* ways of taking out just the humans without destroying the rest, but they are kind of hard to do trials on. Viruses come to mind.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on February 18, 2010, 07:19:38 PM
There *are* ways of taking out just the humans without destroying the rest, but they are kind of hard to do trials on. Viruses come to mind.

Bullshit.  Humans fuck faster than you can shoot them OR infect them.  If smallpox didn't do it, SARS doesn't have a chance.  And what about that vaunted pig thing?  Bah!

No, the whole planet has to go.
Molon Lube

Richter

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 18, 2010, 07:13:05 PM
Quote2. "Destroy the world!" - Unless we've got planet crackers, nukes, atmosphere burners, etc., on hand, likely we're not ACTUALLY going too destroy the WHOLE world.

That's sane thinking there. You'll get us kicked out of the union for that sort of talk! Stop it right now, rub your hands together in evil glee and/or make a finger pyramid have yourself a good old chuckle and fire up something that goes 'crackle crackle' and makes pretty sparks and has an interesting light/shadow effect. Like Denver or something.

Hey, did I piss on your parade when you went back in time to make the mole rats naked?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on February 18, 2010, 07:30:21 PM
Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 18, 2010, 07:13:05 PM
Quote2. "Destroy the world!" - Unless we've got planet crackers, nukes, atmosphere burners, etc., on hand, likely we're not ACTUALLY going too destroy the WHOLE world.

That's sane thinking there. You'll get us kicked out of the union for that sort of talk! Stop it right now, rub your hands together in evil glee and/or make a finger pyramid have yourself a good old chuckle and fire up something that goes 'crackle crackle' and makes pretty sparks and has an interesting light/shadow effect. Like Denver or something.

Hey, did I piss on your parade when you went back in time to make the mole rats naked?

Makes it easier to get the CHUD to breed with them.
Molon Lube