News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

It's all over but the show trials.

Started by Requia ☣, February 25, 2010, 07:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 11, 2010, 07:32:52 PM
Um, jen, with the exception of her spat over the Solomon ammendment (I'll grant her a couple points for that, which moves her up to about negative 9998), that's exactly what I'm talking about, its biographical information, praise from the Obama administration, plus a little bit from her time as solicitor general (teh NCLB bit).

She uses the law to keep justice away.   :lulz:  EOS.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Jenne

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 11, 2010, 07:32:52 PM
Um, jen, with the exception of her spat over the Solomon ammendment (I'll grant her a couple points for that, which moves her up to about negative 9998), that's exactly what I'm talking about, its biographical information, praise from the Obama administration, plus a little bit from her time as solicitor general (teh NCLB bit).

Well, if that's all there is...then that's all there is, right?

In other words, she's not that much of a practitioner as a judge, but more as a lawyer and politician.  Or politician's bitch, rather.

*shrug*

Requia ☣

Um, that's kinda the point yes.  And she's not a judge.  Which is the source of the lack of information.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jenne

What are you bitching about then?  I'm confused.  She's not a judge, no one's hiding that.

She's a litigant.

I'm very sorry I posted a very informative article on her non-judging.  Again, I'm not sure wtf you're on about.  This isn't the first time a non-judge has been appointed to SCOTUS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on May 11, 2010, 10:46:40 PM
What are you bitching about then?  I'm confused.  She's not a judge, no one's hiding that.

She's a litigant.

I'm very sorry I posted a very informative article on her non-judging.  Again, I'm not sure wtf you're on about.  This isn't the first time a non-judge has been appointed to SCOTUS.

Hardly.  There have been more than 35 SCOTUS justices who weren't judges.
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2010, 10:47:52 PM

She's a litigant.

Do YOU understand Requia's point here?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on May 11, 2010, 10:54:57 PM

She's a litigant.

No.
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2010, 11:08:07 PM
Quote from: Jenne on May 11, 2010, 10:54:57 PM

She's a litigant.

No.

Good, cuz I tried, man.

Requia ☣

I thought Jenne thought Kagan was a judge, apparently i was mistaken.

LMNO

An interesting point was brought up on NPR the other day.

If you look at the history of judicial nominations, the Republicans typically nominate Hard-Right judges, what happened with Souter notwithstanding.

The Democrats, on the other hand, typically nominate moderate-center judges.

Which means that the court has been shifting further and further right for the past dozen generations or so.

Jenne

Supposedly, the progressive Dems are pissed at Obama's "safe" choice, having hoped he would neutralize Scalia.  Har.  Yeah, Obama's taken the "safe" road ever since he came to office...

Elder Iptuous

So, i guess Kagan won the 'indefinite detention' issue with the supremes....
comforting.

Cramulus

Requia ☣

Quote from: Iptuous on May 18, 2010, 02:18:16 PM
So, i guess Kagan won the 'indefinite detention' issue with the supremes....
comforting.
It's only a matter of time before sho[lifting becomes life in prison.

Ex post facto no less.