News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Intermittens: The 'Meet Space' Edition

Started by Placid Dingo, February 26, 2010, 10:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

This edition will be focused on 'meatspace' or the physical world and will have a focus on the 'get out and do something'/activitist kind of angle. There will be a couple of articles focused on small D discordian activities such as Guerrilla Gardening, Sf0,the post Graffiti movement, PoserGASM (obviously that's a big D) and maybe some other real world stuff (like that Dreaming game... gosh if only we had links to whoever was responsible for that.)

Basically I'm going to do most of the hunting down of appropriate stuff, but  if there's anything in particular you know of, want to make, direct me to or whatever that you know fits in, send a PM or let me know or whatever.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Jenne

Post 4 and you're doing an Intermittens Issue?

Well.  Welcome abroad.

Also: thinking of doing an issue myself-- Intermittens Vol XXIII.iii: The Ultimate Slack.

(do we have a slack issue? other than the ones not done?)

Placid Dingo

It's more a case of, I'd like to do an Intermittens issue, thus I've reached post four.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Placid Dingo

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I suggest looking into LarpGASM and ArgGASM. LarpGASM specifically was pretty discordian AND pretty IRL -- and we could use some promotion ;-). Cram would be the man to ask for permission about specific documents related to that, probably.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Jasper

I love it when people just dive right in around here.  Those people always end up being utterly legendary posters.

Cramulus

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on February 27, 2010, 09:21:40 PM
I suggest looking into LarpGASM and ArgGASM. LarpGASM specifically was pretty discordian AND pretty IRL -- and we could use some promotion ;-). Cram would be the man to ask for permission about specific documents related to that, probably.

all my energy for those projects is now being channeled into the Dreaming

Placid Dingo

QuoteI suggest looking into LarpGASM and ArgGASM

On it.

Telarus

Quote from: Cramulus on February 27, 2010, 09:41:41 PM
Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on February 27, 2010, 09:21:40 PM

all my energy for those projects is now being channeled into the Dreaming

Yeah, this would be a great vector to spread buzz about the Dreaming.

I've also got the PDX Sunday Swordfights, and can get you some media from those events. Maybe I'll interview some of the Discordians that made it to Esozone, I think we had over 23 in a room at one point.... counting the reporter from High Times. Last year, Esozone has basically "open-sourced itself" as an Unconference (wikipedia), so that might be a good topic for an article.

I'm slammed with school this week, but I'll hit you up in a week or two for more focus.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Dimocritus

I am really into the idea of a meat-space edition. I've been looking for good IRL gasms and OMF's lately, and I really dig the idea of putting together a colection of activities and related subjects. Seeing how I'm looking for activities, it pretty much puts me out of the runnings being a contributor to this particular issue, but I can't wait to read it! (ooh, suggestion: maybe do a little section towards the end with some "pull-out" posterGASMS.)
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

EOT and I are both pretty meaty, I bet we could contribute something.

Somehow.

Maybe just a pic of the bar around the corner where we had drinks with ECH, or a shot of my studio ceiling, insulated courtesy of ECH's meat.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Rococo Modem Basilisk

By calling it meet-space rather than meat-space you leave out the whole potential theme of discordians together doing things with meat.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.